IGNORED

Good Spy-sweeper Software

bcfc seattle

Lavasoft had-aware. Since I upgraded to XP (about 5/6 months ago now) I kept saying to myself that I must get something like this. I used it before so knew how good it was.

Just downloaded had-aware 6 from Lavasofts site, ran it through twice, and it found over 600 files in total!! Doing another scan now, and it's already found another two (I only previously ran it about 10 minutes ago!!)

If anybody hasn't got any of the programmes listed above, then I would strongly reccomend that you download one soon. It does slow your computer down quite a lot. Would also reccomend in performing regular scans. Easiest thing to do, is to check for any Spyware, either before or after a virus scan.

Edit: Jeez, there is also no h in had-ware. It's just the way this forum changes things :D

What do people use for the virus software on here? I have McAphee but am thinking of getting a new one as it is kind of out of date.

I use Norton (which reminds me I must do a scan tomorrow).

I've been told by somebody in work that he uses Grisoft, and recommends it quite highly. Personally I have never used it, so I don't know what it's like.

The Grisoft one is fantastic. It's called AVG Antivirus, and to be honest I don't know why people still pay for virus software when there is free stuff like this around.

I've only had problems with viruses on a couple of occasions, and this program has dealt with it brilliantly every time

Follow this link here to get it for free

The Grisoft one is fantastic. It's called AVG Antivirus, and to be honest I don't know why people still pay for virus software when there is free stuff like this around.

I've only had problems with viruses on a couple of occasions, and this program has dealt with it brilliantly every time

Follow this link here to get it for free

Better than Norton?

Archived