IGNORED

Big Striker

ciderup

Just trawling various rivals web sites and I noticed Bartosz Tarachulski formerly of Yeovil is available on a free. 13 goals for Yeovil last season and started on the bench alot. Wanted more than Yeovil would pay. Could he be the answer to our second 'big' striker. Personally I would like to see Henderson from the Gills down here.

Maybe we do need cover? but with 3 top class strikers already I can't see why we need another - even if he is to cover a target man. Remember, we already have Gillespie and Cotterill who can both play upfront. In an ideal world yes, another taget man with Brooker would be a good choice, but with what we have in that area already I can't see that being a main concern.

Don't disagree bud, but Tinman seems to want cover and I think we could have a problem if,god forbid,Brooker had a long term injury. Doe's the new transfer window allow for loan signings outside of the window? If it does then I wouldn't think cover is needed as another CH/GK would be my priority. Then again I am just a fan not the manager.

Guest hairyshamrock

I agree with that to be honest, part of the beauty of the transfer window is that should a team be up a certain creak without a paddle then you have to either have a versatile squad or use some younger players, as i believe happened with Middlesboro and Stuart Downing... now he's on the fringes of the England starting XI.

I know none of our young players will be that lucky to rise that high that quickly, but we do spend a lot of money on youth and i feel that this would give the likes of Gillespie, Skuse, Hart and the likes more of a chance.

I do also agree that another centre half would also be more useful than another striker...

Guest BeNeRz

I agree, i mean look at the younger players we can bring through, and the players we bleeded threw last year, brown skuse cottz don't bring in anyone else our squad is the strongest it has been for a long time i think this season could be our time, brooker lita stewart and 1 of the younger players can do job!

Target man or out and out left winger?  Winger for me.

Defender or Target man?  Defender Please..

Goalie or Lanky boy up front?  Goalie - thanks very much.

Cover for target man really isnt priority...

I agree with you there, but to me it seems like the way tinnion wants us to play next season depends on a big guy up front with a smaller deadly finisher alongside. At the moment the only player we have to fill the 'big striker' role is steve brooker (who is only 6 foot, but thats another topic altogether), so i hate to think what could happen mid-season if Stevie B gets a long-term injury because this would mean a Leroy and Stewart partnership up front. I personally don't see a problem with this at all, but if tinnion is planning to play a tactic/ formation that depends on a target man then we will be in trouble with 2 guys up front who are only about 5'7!!

Thats why we need another striker IMO, but i think another CB should be a priority. praying smiley.gif

Archived