IGNORED

Doherty Price Was £100,000

Jack

TinmansCulturedLeftPeg Aug 12 2004, 9:36 AM Post #4

Doherty is worth £800,000 at the very least....

I felt drawn to some of the posts that have been put up on the theme of Tommy Doherty and some of the crazy assessments of value that have been made. I would be astounded if City received anywhere near 100k and suspect if they had they would be shouting it from the roof tops. (However if this is confirmed by the club then I will prepare to be amazed).

The fact is TD was not very good for most of the season and it took all season for some of us to realise it.

Unfortunately the value of the player was never as high as some suggested!! however the money the club could have got for him has been diminished by the fact he wasn't allowed to leave at the begining of the Tinnion reign.....................Maybe a lesson to us all here.....Never the less good luck Tommy hopefully you will become the player you were....

Were.... before you started smoking.

The bloke might be a good footballer but he is a smoker. As a professional athlete that makes one hell of a statement about his commitment to his job. Given his clear effort to reduce his playing life and life full stop for that matter, he is lucky that a championship team has picked him up and we are lucky that our youngsters will no longer be looking up to him. Good riddance to Tommy and his handicapped lungs.

Aussiedoyle

englandsmile4wf.gif

TinmansCulturedLeftPeg  Aug 12 2004, 9:36 AM Post #4 

I felt drawn to some of the posts that have been put up on the theme of Tommy Doherty and some of the crazy assessments of value that have been made. I would be astounded if City received anywhere near 100k and suspect if they had they would be shouting it from the roof tops. (However if this is confirmed by the club then I will prepare to be amazed).

The fact is TD was not very good for most of the season and it took all season for some of us to realise it.

Unfortunately the value of the player was never as high as some suggested!! however the money the club could have got for him has been diminished by the fact he wasn't allowed to leave at the begining of the Tinnion reign.....................Maybe a lesson to us all here.....Never the less good luck Tommy hopefully you will become the player you were....

Were.... before you started smoking.

The bloke might be a good footballer but he is a smoker.  As a professional athlete that makes one hell of a statement about his commitment to his job.  Given his clear effort to reduce his playing life and life full stop for that matter, he is lucky that a championship team has picked him up and we are lucky that our youngsters will no longer be looking up to him.  Good riddance to Tommy and his handicapped lungs.

Aussiedoyle

englandsmile4wf.gif

I certainly agree that we are a "healthier" club without him. Sad really,perhaps the passage of time will enable him to understand giving 100% is a pre-requisite of a true pro.Holloway was the epitome of that ethic & therefore it makes his move to QPR all the more interesting.

action-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gifaction-smiley-033.gif Congratulations all of you. So who is next on the list to be driven out of the club by you bunch of no good Dum ######'s.

My call is that over rated over paid player called Marcus Stewart. Lets get him out NOW!!!!!. Lets be fair he does drive at high speed through the Bristol Street's and speed KILLS remember!!!!.

Tommy Doc had the odd cigar now and again that was all. If i was him i would be taking legal action on those who accused him of smoking large amounts. I would help him to take most of you who has accused him to court that's for sure.

action-smiley-033.gif  action-smiley-033.gif  action-smiley-033.gif Congratulations all of you. So who is next on the list to be driven out of the club by you bunch of no good Dum ######'s.

My call is that over rated over paid player called  Marcus Stewart. Lets get him out NOW!!!!!. Lets be fair he does drive at high speed through the Bristol Street's and speed KILLS remember!!!!.

Wow! I didn't realise that forum posters had the power to influence decisions on who gets sold by the club. Perhaps I should post on here more often.

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg
TinmansCulturedLeftPeg  Aug 12 2004, 9:36 AM Post #4 

He's certainly not worth 800k right now, but at his best he was and when more money was in the game. You'll remember a while back Lansdown said that any clubs wanting Tommy would have to "break the bank" to buy him.

that was before tinman and the doc had their bust up!! yes he was a good player AT TIMES, but he was lazy, arrogant, got booked nearly every game and to be perfectly honest I'm glad to see the back of him.

A player named scott brown springs to mind, he's tough tackling like tommy, works hard, oh tommy doesn't do hard work! And scotty doesn't get booked for dissent thta often biggrin.gif

I'd no who i would rather have!

THERES ONLY ONE SCOTTY BROWN!!!!......

James

Archived