IGNORED

Tinnion Vs Wilson 1988!

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Wow - just saw ancient highlight's of Newcastle United vs Luton Town in the top flight near the end of the 1987/88 season!

Guess what..

Newcastle United left-back - Brian Tinnion!

Luton Town right midfielder - Danny Wilson!

Tinnion looked entirely different to be honest in terms of appearance, he had short blonde hair all brushed to one side - he looked neat and professional sort of thing, his face looked so much younger - it didn't look much like Tinman since we've seen him. Brian took every set-piece for Newcastle - the other's stepped aside for him! - including well worked free-kick's with Gazza and Mirandinha on the edge of the Luton box. It was very clear that Tinns had a quality left foot even back in these day's but unfortunately embarassed himself on his right foot a few times with weak passes and constantly trying to position his body so that his left foot takes posession.. also a few lapses of concentration defensively.. but other than that he didn't look out of place - his passes and crosses of his left foot were outstanding and whenever he gained posession in abit space advancing forward Luton were aware of the threat Tinns posed with perfect crosses and were quick to close him down. Personally I though the Magpies best asset in this game was Tinnion's pin-point crossing when he was allowed to drift forward! (looked comfortable in possesion as well).

Danny Wilson was energetic and attempting to 'rough-up' Tinns abit, Danny would venture infield alot during this game eager for the ball and eager for involvement. Danny was enthusiastic and constantly roaring at his team-mates. Actually on the ball though I felt Tinnion looked the more quality of the two by miles! Although Danny was up and down like a yo-yo.. one minute he was acting as right-back and the next minute he was acting as striker.. then anchor-man.. he was fired up..

Guest Tins4Gaffer

Old MOTD!

There's also an episode of match of the 80's where Tinnion score's for Newcastle and you hear the commentator shouting something like "and it's come out to Tinnion - oh that's a fantastic strike.. he's certainly capable of that sort of stuff I'm told".

Tins4Gaffer

It's all in the username!!! - Let's make the Tinman the Gaffer :D

Get Gerry Sweeney off the Post Office picket line as BCFC coach to help. With the help of Fawthrop, who even managed to inspire Tony Thorpe!!!, when he was part of the management we could still be in with a shout for promotion.

Tinman is/was the better player and I'm sure he could also be a better manager than Wilson if given the chance.

Archived