IGNORED

Boycott Oldham Away Says

cheshire_red

Guest RedwardsV1

then Rovers must be able to put the away prices up aswell

because the away stands never smell as bad as the home

de dum dum tsssssssh.....

(I'll get my coat)

If I recall correctly, the 1st away after the return of Jordan was at Oldham and even back then, away fans were being charged more than home fans to sit in the same stand behind the goal (the one where the open terrace used to be?). It was only a quid or two, but its still the principal of the matter.

I must have missed summat. I thought clubs could not charge more for away fans than home fans! dunno.gif

Er yes, I think you missed the link....

I'm disinclined to go to away grounds that charge these kind of prices, yet on the other hand, I'm concious that I generally spend more than the admission price in the pub (or especially the Red'n'White Bar) before every game, home or away.

It's not just a football thing, but a general cost of living issue. Though I'm aware football admission prices have well outstripped inflation over the past 10-20 years, at the same time I feel that most of us would think little of spending 20-30 quid on a night out at the boozer, so in that context maybe a trip to Oldham doesn't look quite so excessive?

Guest Tactical Genius

In the old days when you could charge away fans more, one club (leyton Orient, i think) had a fluctuating price structure. They charged their visitors the same as those visitors had charged O's fans in the return game. Seemed a reasonable way to go about it I thought.

Archived