IGNORED

City Refuse To Cash In

albany P reds

300k for Brooker is an insult!! Hes performed very well since joining us. As for Leroy, ive always been sure he would sign up and give us at least another 6 months before being snaffled up by someone at Xmas.

If Leroy thinks his agent is stalling on negotiations (eg. Leroy wants to sign, his agent doesn't want him to) then why not sack him (the agent), as surely the player has the last say on where he wants to play and would have a good case should it go any further.

BCAGFC

If Leroy thinks his agent is stalling on negotiations (eg. Leroy wants to sign, his agent doesn't want him to) then why not sack him (the agent), as surely the player has the last say on where he wants to play and would have a good case should it go any further.

BCAGFC

Doesn't Leroy's Agent realise, that it's Leroy's future he's dealing with and nobody elses, or is he just trying to alienate the pair of them, in the world of football.

Here's the story...

CITY REFUSE TO CASH IN

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list

09:30 - 01 July 2005

Brian Tinnion last night revealed Bristol City have turned down a double-your-money offer for striker Steve Brooker.

Brooker moved to Ashton Gate from Port Vale for £150,000 last September - and his impressive form led to a Championship club attempting to prise him away from City this summer. But Tinnion is determined to hold on to his best players as he plots a promotion assault for the coming season. As well as rejecting the £300,000 bid for Brooker, Tinnion is confident that last season's top scorer, Leroy Lita, will sign a new contract in the near future.

"We had enquiries about Brooks and we could have doubled our money on him," said Tinnion. "But we didn't consider letting him go. He's a big part of our plans here." Lita has a year left on his current deal and has attracted interest from Reading and Burnley.

But Tinnion added: "I spoke to Leroy yesterday and I expect him to be here at the start of the season.

"Once he gets his problems sorted out with his agents I'm sure he will come in and sign a contract.

"Leroy is having trouble getting rid of an agent he doesn't want to use. That's the only sticking point but he'll sign once that's resolved. It's what Leroy wants and what everyone at the club wants. Leroy is looking forward to playing with Marcus Stewart next season.

"Clubs have phoned about Leroy but I don't think a move interests him. All he wants to do is stay here and get another 30 goals next season."

City are also hoping to tie defender Danny Coles to a new contract in the near future.

The future sounds promising city.gif

Guest we8thegas
Here's the story...

CITY REFUSE TO CASH IN 

Next Story | Previous Story | Back to list 

09:30 - 01 July 2005 

Brian Tinnion last night revealed Bristol City have turned down a double-your-money offer for striker Steve Brooker.

Brooker moved to Ashton Gate from Port Vale for £150,000 last September - and his impressive form led to a Championship club attempting to prise him away from City this summer. But Tinnion is determined to hold on to his best players as he plots a promotion assault for the coming season. As well as rejecting the £300,000 bid for Brooker, Tinnion is confident that last season's top scorer, Leroy Lita, will sign a new contract in the near future.

"We had enquiries about Brooks and we could have doubled our money on him," said Tinnion. "But we didn't consider letting him go. He's a big part of our plans here." Lita has a year left on his current deal and has attracted interest from Reading and Burnley.

But Tinnion added: "I spoke to Leroy yesterday and I expect him to be here at the start of the season.

"Once he gets his problems sorted out with his agents I'm sure he will come in and sign a contract.

"Leroy is having trouble getting rid of an agent he doesn't want to use. That's the only sticking point but he'll sign once that's resolved. It's what Leroy wants and what everyone at the club wants. Leroy is looking forward to playing with Marcus Stewart next season.

"Clubs have phoned about Leroy but I don't think a move interests him. All he wants to do is stay here and get another 30 goals next season."

City are also hoping to tie defender Danny Coles to a new contract in the near future.

The future sounds promising city.gif

leroy's having trouble shifting an agent banghead.gif

they should be called leeches not agents ranting.gif

Guest Simonty

I have full confidence that Lita will sign, but maybe not for a deal much longer than 2-3 years, he seems to love the club, but after a few years, if we haven't reached championship football, he may well consider moving on.

The last line of the evil post, tinman says brooker was tapped up during the summer. Is this not illegal? will there be an ashley cole type enquiry, not bloody likely us small clubs are forgotten by the FA. pinch.gif

Archived