IGNORED

Live 8

Dollymarie

Live 8 was to raise awareness about the "one death every 3mins" due to poverty;

Not to be picky, but its one death every three seconds (thats why there was that clicking of fingers thing)

And did you hear that Tessa Jowell nearly pulled the plug at 10pm last night, cos it had over run, and she didnt think that authorities could could if there was a "major incident" - there would have been a "major incident" if she had told them to stop!!!

Dollymarie

Not to be picky, but its one death every three seconds (thats why there was that clicking of fingers thing)

And did you hear that Tessa Jowell nearly pulled the plug at 10pm last night, cos it had over run, and she didnt think that authorities could could if there was a "major incident" - there would have been a "major incident" if she had told them to stop!!!

Dollymarie

28800 every day eh unsure.gif thats 864000 a month, 10,368,000 a year unsure.gif is this children,children and adults? in Africa ? in the world?

Every year ? this year ? is this estimated ? including aids? including massacres by war lords? and one final question whose counting?

I like Geldof but he aint going to change the world or even a country, thats their peoples job.

He has some nice dreams but just like the ban the bomb lot it aint going to happen. sad.gif

These great 8 were elected on their policies by their people, I`m sure they don't need a load of pop stars telling them what to do;let them get on with it. dunno.gif

Guest MaloneFM

I think the real point he was trying to make was that it has been 20 years since Live Aid which was a worthy spontaneous event and it got him a CBE, a multi million quid book deal and worldwide recognition.

This has so far got him another book deal and a television sreies with a book and dvd attached for a Nokia sponsored event planned well in advance without the aggro.

Well done Bob.

Good

U2

Razorlight

Velvet Revolver

Robbie

The Stereophonics

Scissor Sisters

The Who

Keane

The killers (only one track though banghead.gif )

Elton John

Madonna

Poor

Dido(godawfull rubbish and her voice was weaker than Service Station tea)

That useless smack head Doherty-awfull disapointed2se.gif

Mariah Carey Primadona- though very wub.gif

Pink Floyd sleeping.gif

Guest Simonty
All for a very good cause though.

That's the main thing!!

Coldplay were outstanding and others were pretty good. Elton John and that Pete bloke were appauling.

Liked the song, but they messed it up really.

Guest MaloneFM
Good

Dido(godawfull rubbish and her voice was weaker than Service Station tea)

That useless smack head Doherty-awfull 

Agree about Dildo but Hollowhead is playing the other one next season isn't he?

Just thought I would start a thread, so we can all have a chin wag about what we liked (and maybe disliked) about today.

One thing I dislike so far is Johnathan Ross's Yellow suit!!

I've turned down the brightness on my tv!

Dollymarie

Hi Purgatory,

I was in Paris last Saturday watching Maiden, luckily for us my son is a 17 year old drummer, and Nicko thinks he's brilliant, and he's become quite a mate of ours.

VIP passes and everything, and 20 minutes in the dressing room afterwards just chatting generally..........top night.

Thought Dream Theater were bloody good too !

Just thought I would start a thread, so we can all have a chin wag about what we liked (and maybe disliked) about today.

One thing I dislike so far is Johnathan Ross's Yellow suit!!

I've turned down the brightness on my tv!

Dollymarie

Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, it was MUSE.

Just seen "Plug-In Baby" on BBC3 - they had the Paris crowd jumping from front to back. They are without peers. If they played tennis, they would all be Roger Federer.

Why the organisers asked Muse and The Cure to play Paris is anybody's guess. in 2005, who wants to see The Who and Pink Floyd? banghead.gif

If you disagree with me about Muse, you're wrong.

Right in my opinion, as i was there. The best acts were in no order. Annie Lennox, Robbie Williams, Pink Floyd, Stereophonics, Razorlight, Youssou N'Dour (not so much Dido), U2 (though they were better in the sound check!) McCartney (always a class act), The Who I've probably forgotten someone. Oh yes Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay on their own was a bit flat, saw them in Bolton last night it was chuffing amazing.

The Low points of Live 8, Velvet Revolver, dreadful, embarassing, Keane, just plain boring and piano player looked like he was having a seizure, Snow Patrol, just a very flat soul less performance from a flat and soul less band, Killers one song, but hey they did support U2 straight after, Mariah Carey, one word Diva (the word i wanted to type i cant put here its a family forum).

All in all though a great day, the sound was off a few times but hey i cant complain.

By the way the Front area or "golden ring" was for sponsors and their families not people who paid £200 malone.

Thank God for different tastes!

I like the Velvet Revolver and would of loved to of heard some harder edged

music but that was hardly likely on that bill.

I thought The Who were good as for Pink Floyd just amazing.

As i thought i'd hate most of the day i really enjoyed it, watching from my tv

of course.

Thank God for different tastes!

I like the Velvet Revolver and would of loved to of heard some harder edged

music but that was hardly likely on that bill.

I thought The Who were good as for Pink Floyd just amazing.

As i thought i'd hate most of the day i really enjoyed it, watching from my tv

of course.

Your right tastes and opinions are what make each of us different. My problem with velvet revolver is they are stuck in the 80's and also scott weilland is a mincing loser. Loved Brian Wilson at Berlin, muse were good in france and faithless were amazing in berlin(i think)

Guest Simonty
Fair enough but to me an album made up of 3 songs repeated throughout isnt a good listen.

I suppose your right, I'm just a big fan of their music, but I can understand your point!

Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt, it was MUSE.

Just seen "Plug-In Baby" on BBC3 - they had the Paris crowd jumping from front to back.  They are without peers.  If they played tennis, they would all be Roger Federer.

Why the organisers asked Muse and The Cure to play Paris is anybody's guess.  in 2005, who wants to see The Who and Pink Floyd?  banghead.gif

If you disagree with me about Muse, you're wrong.

chant6ez.gif muse are good!!

Archived