IGNORED

City Rejects

Nogbad the Bad

One drawback of having an ever changing squad is the number of ex-players City will be facing this season.

I make it: Dinning (Port Vale)

Heffernan Doncaster)

Goodfellow (Swansea)

Amankwaah (Yeovil)

Thorpe (Swindon)

Roberts (Swindon)

Torpey (S****horpe)

Nugent (Swansea?)

Hulbert (Port Vale)

Matthews (Port Vale)

Butler (Blackpool)

Plus there's Cureton, who along with the others will have special reason to want to do well against Bristol City.

Lots of opportunities to shout "City Reject", but that's at least 7 strikers especially keen to make their mark against City and several of them know our defence inside out.

Makes life interesting, but with that many it could be a bit of extra edge we could well do without. whistling.gif

Have i missed any? dunno.gif

One drawback of having an ever changing squad is the number of ex-players City will be facing this season.

I make it: Dinning (Port Vale)

Heffernan Doncaster)

Goodfellow (Swansea)

Amankwaah (Yeovil)

Thorpe (Swindon)

Roberts (Swindon)

Torpey (S****horpe)

Nugent (Swansea?)

Hulbert (Port Vale)

Matthews (Port Vale)

Butler (Blackpool)

Plus there's Cureton, who along with the others will have special reason to want to do well against Bristol City.

Lots of opportunities to shout "City Reject", but that's at least 7 strikers especially keen to make their mark against City and several of them know our defence inside out.

Makes life interesting, but with that many it could be a bit of extra edge we could well do without. whistling.gif

Have i missed any? dunno.gif

All part of the transient world of football,is Hewlett still a Swindon player?

Are you really worried about Thorpe? Seem to remember you could'nt wait for him to leave!

Guest Simonty

They may not seem much of a threat, but if they want to do well against their old club, they may well up their game considerably.

All part of the transient world of football,is Hewlett still a Swindon player?

Are you really worried about Thorpe? Seem to remember you could'nt wait for him to leave!

Hewlett's just gone to Torquay, lotusman.

Well remembered about my feelings on Thorpe, seem to recall we had a few discussions about him smile.gif i didn't like him at all during his final season at the club, and indeed was delighted to see the back of him.

Still capable of doing well if his heart's in it again, but i'd be more concerned about an occasionally brilliant Roberts and the proven Heffernan to bulge City's net.

Not forgetting Goodfellow who is much more dangerous than his limited chances at City would have you believe.

I don't think we should Chant 'City Reject' against Heffernan and Goodfellow...they be top blokes

Absolutely agree, nothing at all against either of them.

With the probable sale of Leroy and the defection of Anyinsah both their now seemingly premature departures are increasingly hard to understand.

You don't sell Heffernan when he is as good a replacement as we would be likely to find for likely sale Leroy, who has always seemed certain to go to me. And why shed Goodfellow, one of our last remaining players with real pace, when Anyinsah has not yet re-signed? dunno.gif

Pacey players are hard to find, as are 20 goal strikers. mad.gif

Now you have put it like this, blimey its going to be an interesting season! So many confrontations, I'm especially worried about facing Roberts and Thorpe, Lets face it, if we lost Lita i wouldnt mind both of them back, Stewart, Thorpe, Roberts, and Brooker.

I know alot of you will tut, both those players took alot of stick on this forum and where the chosen scape goats at the time, but a front four like that would make me feel better. anyway what was my point? Oh yeah damb all these players against us. POOP.

Now you have put it like this, blimey its going to be an interesting season! So many confrontations, I'm especially worried about facing Roberts and Thorpe, Lets face it, if we lost Lita i wouldnt mind both of them back, Stewart, Thorpe, Roberts, and Brooker.

I know alot of you will tut, both those players took alot of stick on this forum and where the chosen scape goats at the time, but a front four like that would make me feel better. anyway what was my point? Oh yeah damb all these players against us. POOP.

Roberts was only unpopular with a vocal minority. Don't you remember the overwhelming support he got on here with the 'crusade'?

Many were not at all pleased to see him go, Thorpe is another matter entirely.

Roberts was only unpopular with a vocal minority. Don't you remember the overwhelming support he got on here with the 'crusade'?

Tony Thorpe - 'There's only one greedy Bar-Steward, one greedy Bar-Steward'. I'm looking forward to that again already.

Which ones will be booed ?

Dinning (Port Vale) - BIG BOO

Heffernan Doncaster)

Goodfellow (Swansea) - BOO

Amankwaah (Yeovil) - BOO

Thorpe (Swindon) - BIG BOO

Roberts (Swindon) - BOO

Torpey (S****horpe) - BOO

Nugent (Swansea?) - BOO

Hulbert (Port Vale) - BOO

Matthews (Port Vale)

Butler (Blackpool)

Lets face it though, Roberts was welsh and no crusade will ever change that fact, which is enough to make alot of so called supporters hate him.

Thorpe, well he was a ******* **** but he could score a goal or two. But anyway they aint comming back and we will have to make do with our current strike force, lets prey that includes Lita otherwise i think all our optimism will be in vein as another mid table finish looks likely.

Tony Thorpe - 'There's only one greedy Bar-Steward, one greedy Bar-Steward'. I'm looking forward to that again already.

Heffernan Doncaster)

Amankwaah (Yeovil) - BOO

Roberts (Swindon) - BOO

Nugent (Swansea?) - BOO

Matthews (Port Vale)

Butler (Blackpool)

I'm not a big Boo-er but i will make an exception in Dinning's case.

Goodfellow, Robbo and Big Kev. would definitely escape my wrath, just the opposite if anything.

By the way is Big Wayne Tanglefoot still in our division?

Heffernan Doncaster)

Amankwaah (Yeovil) - BOO

Roberts (Swindon) - BOO

Nugent (Swansea?) - BOO

Matthews (Port Vale)

Butler (Blackpool)

I won't be booing goody - did nothing wrong - even scored a rather important goal for us last season - just didn't feauture in tinmans plans for whatever reason - fair play to the bloke for not wanting to spend another season on the bench or out on loan

Guest Simonty

I'm not sure I would boo any of them, if they are players for rivals then maybe. I may make an exception with the former City players who have joined Swindon however, but Swindon i fairly local, so it is kind of understandable.

To add my view...

Dinning (Port Vale) - Big boo

Heffernan Doncaster) - Clap

Goodfellow (Swansea) - No feelings

Amankwaah (Yeovil) - Clap

Thorpe (Swindon) - Big boo

Roberts (Swindon) - Boo (purely for the unprofessional comments post-move)

Torpey (S****horpe) - No feelings

Nugent (Swansea?) - No feelings

Hulbert (Port Vale) - Clap

Matthews (Port Vale) - Clap

Butler (Blackpool) - Clap

I wouldn't entirely agree with that, this message board only represents a few hundred city fans of which the Roberts "debate" was fairley split.

Come the end, Roberts attitude stank and although I was not vocal he remained unpopular with me...which I reckon was a similar feeling for as many City fans as there where those who supported him

But pleaseeeeeeeeee......lets not start another Roberts debate! sleeping.gif

Archived