IGNORED

Swansea Sign Akinfenwa

Bristol Boy

Swans finally recruit Akinfenwa

Akinfenwa is a former Barry striker.

Swansea have agreed personal terms with out-of-contract Torquay striker Adebayo Akinfenwa, with the transfer fee to be set by a tribunal.

They had previously withdrawn their interest in the 23-year-old after learning a transfer fee was required.

But after missing out on Rochdale striker Grant Holt, the Swans have swooped for the ex-Barry forward.

Swansea have not made any offer and I am frankly disappointed that they should choose this route said Torquay chairman Mike Bateson on the Akinfenwa transfer.

Torquay chairman Mike Bateson told the club's official website that he was disappointed with Swansea's approach to the Akinfenwa transfer.

"Swansea have not made any offer and I am frankly disappointed that they should choose this route," he said.

"My understanding of the system is that a tribunal will deal with transfers only when normal negotiations have failed to come up with an agreement.

"I hope that our part in improving Akinfenwa's career is taken on board when the committee reach a decision."

Swans finally recruit Akinfenwa 

Akinfenwa is a former Barry striker.

Swansea have agreed personal terms with out-of-contract Torquay striker Adebayo Akinfenwa, with the transfer fee to be set by a tribunal.

They had previously withdrawn their interest in the 23-year-old after learning a transfer fee was required.

But after missing out on Rochdale striker Grant Holt, the Swans have swooped for the ex-Barry forward.

Swansea have not made any offer and I am frankly disappointed that they should choose this route said Torquay chairman Mike Bateson on the Akinfenwa transfer.

Torquay chairman Mike Bateson told the club's official website that he was disappointed with Swansea's approach to the Akinfenwa transfer.

"Swansea have not made any offer and I am frankly disappointed that they should choose this route," he said.

"My understanding of the system is that a tribunal will deal with transfers only when normal negotiations have failed to come up with an agreement.

"I hope that our part in improving Akinfenwa's career is taken on board when the committee reach a decision."

Turned us down apparently ? dunno.gif

http://www.swanseacity.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...~680522,00.html

Archived