IGNORED

Leroy Lita

Bristol Boy

It really is make your mind up time for LL.

Not his agent, his Mum & Dad.

Leroy.

In essence, he either wants to play for City or not.

He'll get a move for big money soon enough, providing his form and fitness progress.

One certain thing is that the move will be to a bigger and better club, for more money and wages, if he's playing first team football as opposed to warming the bench.

Another 29 goal season keeps his name up in lights.

That's looking at it from a purely selfish perspective for LL.

He can sign a contract that'll guarantee bids above a certain figure are acceptable....if we did it for MH we'll do it for him and, let's not forget, he's not eligible for a Bosman at the end of his contract because of his age.

All a contract will do is ensure that City get a fee.

Promotion this season will ensure that he's even more in the spotlight, if, like Earnshaw, he has a good season in the Championship, then he'll very likely join a lower or mid table Premiership club.

Impress and he's made for life, either way.

Timescale 2/3 years.......and he's entitled to a Bosman when he's out of contract becasue he'll be over the ripe old age of 23.

There's no hurry.

You'll notice that I haven't mentioned emotional things like loyalty to the club and Tinnion, because loyalty left football a long time ago.Right or Wrong, it did.

Of course, I, like every other City Supporter, would love him to stay, do well and drive our club back to former glory.

Two excellent seasons could see us in the Premiership (yes I know it's unlikely, but Watford did it)

I'm just saying, lets get sorted, because it worries me that it will unsettle the squad at a key time and, as with Coles, we need to know that players want to be here and wear our shirt with at least a degree of pride until, almost inevitably, they move on.

Coles change of attitude after his listing and partial return to form at the end of last season, could see him regain the captaincy with Smith unlikely to be in the side and a new contract, whilst coming off the list, would set the right tone.

So, come on chaps, stop blaming everyone else and either sign or confirm that you're going/want to go and we can all focus on a promotion drive plus some cup runs.

What we don't want is for LL to go a week before the season starts.

City looking at Akinfenwa indicates to me that they are concerned that LL may well be off, although it could be a coincidence.

We have cover up front and the departure of Heffernan,Anyinsah & Doherty for money that wasn't budgeted for in the same way as Millers' was, will help.

Obviously, with even more cash for LL, that would open doors to bring in players under contract and requiring a fee.

Who knows, Gillespie or Cotterill could be the answer up front and a Stewart/ Brooker partnership to start with wouldn't be to scruffy, would it?

Like I said-MAKE YOUR MIND UP TIME.

With all the transfers during the close season leading to openings at higher club's i've felt for a long time that there was little chance of Leroy starting the season with City.

He still might of course, but i find it incredible the club did not think a single "big" ( i.e. acceptable) offer would come in , which begs the question:

Why did City sell Heffernan? dunno.gif

With all the transfers during the close season leading to openings at higher club's i've felt for a long time that there was little chance of Leroy starting the season with City.

He still might of course, but i find it incredible the club did not think a single "big" ( i.e. acceptable) offer would come in , which begs the question:

Why did City sell Heffernan? dunno.gif

[/quote

Our club is run by numpties who can't see past the end of their noses.

[/quote

Our club is run by numpties who can't see past the end of their noses.

And it's up to them to prove to the fans they got the bottle to say to Reading he's under contract for 12mths so pi$$ orf

decision,sell now for hard cash...........or

keep him to score a fair few to help fire us into a commanding position and sell in january...............or

let his contract expire and get a tribunal fee or even when we are promrted he may decide to extend his contract for chanpionship football

SteveL......just tell them no praying smiley.gif it is up to you after all not leroy or agents

Archived