IGNORED

Ryan Harley

Dolman_Stand

In the evening post today he says he wants the left wing positiion and that its his best position.

I cant see him as a winger and I always thought he was a right-back

Left side of midfield is definitely his best position. Danny Wilson seemed to think he was a right back, but I think he's wasted there.

We didn't see the best of Ryan Harley last season as he was injured for so long, but he's the forgotten prospect from the recent academy graduates and has great potential IMHO. He could really make an impact on the first team, in the same way as Dave Cotterill did last year. He doesn't have electrifying pace, but he's got two good feet a great eye for a pass and can cross really well. And like all good players, he always seems to have time on the ball.

My one to watch for this season.

Guest we8thegas

looks like Tnman has given Granty an intense fitness training programme involving lots of running so regardless of what Swindlers say about him not being a winger he might up his pace for that position even though he is seeing himself as the next Tnman dunno.gif

haven't seen the bit about harley as a winger yet,lets have a butchers now then

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I saw him vs the sags at Ashton gate last year and he looked QUALITY, and will certainly be capable of a decent midfield career for City.

Our nicky butt lookalike, i saw him in the pre-season friendlies last year and thought he looked a very talented youngster.

very good on the ball.

Agreed, he is very talented and has a great future ahead of him - but a LEFT WINGER? I don't think so. If my memory serves me correctly the lad is right footed, and i would much rather have someone with a sweet left peg on the left hand side, i.e. grant smith.

Guest we8thegas
Never seen him play a full 90 mins, Did he brake his foot in January?

Lets not big him up too much or PNE will sign him  whistling.gif

didn't break it,just a sprain or turned it i think if i remember rightly

Agreed, he is very talented and has a great future ahead of him - but a LEFT WINGER?  I don't think so.  If my memory serves me correctly the lad is right footed, and i would much rather have someone with a sweet left peg on the left hand side, i.e. grant smith.

Your memory doesn't serve you right, he is all left foot. Personally I think he is the player most comfortable on the ball at the whole club and is a naturally good footballer. Always presumed that due to his ability he would be a central midfielder but I'd love to see him given a go on the left if he feels that his best position.

Your memory doesn't serve you right, he is all left foot. Personally I think he is the player most comfortable on the ball at the whole club and is a naturally good footballer.

Spot on. He has a very sweet left peg indeed. The manager certainly thinks so, and as the possessor of a fairly decent one himself, he should know.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

He was touted as the long term replacement for Tins a year or so ago, so it would make sense for him to progress into a left midfield role.

Archived