IGNORED

Leroy Rumours

Ian M

• Admin

It's all just one big game of chinese whispers ain't it?

A few weeks ago our very own website revealed Reading's interest, last week they mentioned Burnley's interest.

Then the BEP followed it up with a space filler.

The Sunday Star (like all lazy newspapers) used a regional paper's copy to fill some space of their own.

Now every man and their dog is coming up with "groundbreaking" rumours about Leroy joining this club or that club when in reality the clubs "enquired" (and nothing more) WEEKS ago!

We've now even got to the stage where vital elements of peoples' stories are proved false (like why the person who supposedly told them has a connection to Leroy) yet the threads steamroller on, believeing the story that is being peddled even though the source has been discredited. Madness.

If Leroy signs his new contract here, great! If not, so be it. I'm sure whatever fee is generated can be used wisely to give us further options throughout the squad and with Brooker & Stewart to fall back on it's not like we've got a couple of donkeys up front without him.

Roll on August. city.gifdance.gif

Bored (from Bristol).

Well, normally I would agree with you Madger.

But some posts on here have claimed sources. Surely no one would ever claim that posters on a site as hallowed as this would be less than 100% open and honest about issues like this.

Your personal attack therefore on fellow colleagues is hurtful, and I demand an apology on their behalf (care of Tamworth).

If Leroy signs his new contract here, great! If not, so be it. I'm sure whatever fee is generated can be used wisely to give us further options throughout the squad and with Brooker & Stewart to fall back on it's not like we've got a couple of donkeys up front without him.

Great point, and one I was thinking this morning on the way to work.

Stewart & Brooker with Cotts & Gillespie on the fringe is hardly a bad set of options.

If Leroy does depart we may see some cash flow in to purchase a centre half of the quality required to get out of this league (Nelson?) and a pacy winger that'll get a hatful of assists.

Oh and another bonus is it'll end this sinerio once and for all farmer.gif

Even though I am going to look like a complete twit I really hope that me and my source have been led up the garden path big time. I wish I had kept it to myself now .............

All these rumours could be put to bed once and for all if Leroy actually got his arse in gear and signed that damn contract.

Great point, and one I was thinking this morning on the way to work.

Stewart & Brooker with Cotts & Gillespie on the fringe is hardly a bad set of options.

If Leroy does depart we may see some cash flow in to purchase a centre half of the quality required to get out of this league (Nelson?) and a pacy winger that'll get a hatful of assists.

Oh and another bonus is it'll end this sinerio once and for all  farmer.gif

We will still need cover for Brooker though, and although we'll have a nice wedge in the kitty, every club in the country will know exactly how much, just watch as those potential targets DOUBLE in value.

Guest kingswoodred23

To be honest i have to agree with Madger, all this talk about people having sources makes me laugh, i have only recentely started coming onto this forum, most of the stories are a great read, but all this talk of i know this person etc, have me sat at my laptop screaming with laughter. I hope Leroy signs a new contract & stays with us, then all these people with i know a source which said this will backfire

Archived