IGNORED

Feed The Goat And He Will Score... For City Again!

twaters

Ok point one is it looks like Lita is Going to Reading, lets be fair it makes sense now as he only has two years left, isnt exactly jumping at the chance to extend his contract, and we will want to get the most money we can for him.

Secondly Reading and City believe it or not have good relations with the Murray deals and will be reasonable with sell on clause etc.

So we are left with Stewart, Brooker, Gillespie, We obviously need another striker!

This is where I'm sure alot of you will disagree but what about the legend of Shaun Goater? He is a tad old ill give you that but he was not exactly a pacey youthfull striker, infact his style of play was relaxed and always there at the right time. With this is mind he could do an excellent job for us, even at this late stage of his career.

The plus points would be Reading don't want to play him again, if they do they will have to pay Man City another 50k, so basically we could get him in a part exchange deal probably costing peanuts, 25k or somthing V Little.

So thats my arguement, If Lita has to go then we need another goalscorer and i think he still has the magic! Bring back the goat!

PS. Lita please don't go!

point one his contract is up next season.

point two city must have good relations with almost every team in the country going by that

point 3 you forgot cotterill..

so you want a strike force with the combined age of 65..

NEXT

Re signing Goater is not progressional. He is 35 and has scored just 15 goals in the last 2 years. If Lita goes, then the money should be used to re invest in a quality forward proven at this level with potential to get better.

IF he did sign for Reading i would like there to be deal which would leave a striker coming the other way maybe on loan...? Colin Doyle has joined them this season and they might not want to put him straight in so i think it would be good if we can get him on loan until the end of the season,as he scored alot of goals in the irish league.

Guest MaloneFM

If you want old favourites. Providing the Cheese isn't busy. The Goat should be in line behind THE CHIEF.

If have to ask-you never saw him.

Guest Royal Ian

Kevin Doyle has just joined us this summer and won't be going anywhere. With Forster, Ferdinand and Owusu going it has left us short of numbers in attack. The only 2 you could possibly get would be Goater or Dean Morgan.

Guest MaloneFM
How about the Baird?? Supurb at being poo and sticking the ve's up at the Ateyo!!

Stark staring ginger too as I recall. Accounts for the madness then.

Guest DrFaustus
I think Baird had a Beard too...

Utter madness I tells eh!!!

Pot, kettle and black, my dear Blackbird.

Your sanity has been questioned on more than one occasion, has it not my friend? smile.gif

You can buy a goat for a family in Africa for £25!

No really you can, surely there wouldnt be much of a wage bill, just a bit of water and he could keep the pitch short!

(I'm only messing, scuse me, in a weird mood and making random posts, but it was in the paper today, that you can buy one)

Dollymarie

Guest hairyshamrock

It'd be great to have to Goat back, but as we keep saying, there is no room for sentimentality in football. I did agree with the signing of the Chief, not for anything other than the fact the lad played a gem against us last season. and the young lad that was up front alongside him too was pretty useful, worth a bob or 2 i imagine but their wages too would be less than the reputable stacks the Goat takes home per week.

I believe that Tins had the squad planned with the belief that he would be without Lita , Miller, and Heffs. Thats not rocket science.

Then we have Stewart, Brooker, Gillespie, and Cotterill to fight over 2 positions. Gillespie turns 21 this coming season and should be ready to show his best. Cotterill has proved he can take on defences, has attracted international selectors, and like Gilly will be another year older.

A 35 year old Goat on the way down would not be on my list. I believe Tins has had his strike force sorted out for months, and he has enough.

Guest Royal Ian

Please let this be true and accept our offer praying smiley.gifsmile.gif Goater would do alright for you in that league and would be a handy player to have about. He got 14 in his first year with us and was top scorer despite being injured for a few months. Last year wasn't good for him BUT Coppell made it clear to him that he wasn't in his plans. Coppell's long term plans was to make our squad younger. Yes he brought Keown and Les in late last season but that has been very much against the grain in terms of his other signings and they were brought in to do a job. Unfortunatley it didn't work out. Since Coppell has been here Adie Williams (legend who should have been kept) was allowed to go, Newman, Forster, Les, Keown and now Goater all the experienced players are being allowed to go. He has brought in this summer an 18 year old, 21 year old and a 25 year old and is wanting Lita. Backs my point up.

Ok, it is fair to say two old strikers in our team isnt great, but if Lita is going then i would argue Goater is a great replacement for one or two seasons.

Stewart has been hailed as the man who is going to save us and drag us out of this division but the stats don't lie, Stewart have played 512 league games and scored 156 goals, whilst Goater has scored 442 games and scored 200 league goals. Basically Goater scores a goal per two games and Stewart every three.

Before you argue Stewart has done it at a higher level then i disagree, Stewart has scored a few more in the old 1st Div, But Goater wipes the floor in our divsion and in the premiership.

Ok i am just fighting the Goater corner, i like the guy, and think he could do the job for us for one or even two seasons at a high level.

I don't want to lose Lita but if he does come our way and we get a million plus then we still have a great chance of going up.

I don't think Goater would be much use for us now. Injury prone and older than Stewart who has a good 2 or 3 years in him I think. Don't let Leroy go unless it for big money and don't let the Goat eat up our money. Currently on 8,000. Would he take a 75% pay cut?

Re signing Goater is not progressional. He is 35 and has scored just 15 goals in the last 2 years. If Lita goes, then the money should be used to re invest in a quality forward proven at this level with potential to get better.

Didnt we just let a proven goalscorer at this level go to donny ranting.gif

Archived