IGNORED

Today's Evening Post Back Page Headline

greenun

Alas poor Leroy, I knew him well.......................

Reading lead race to land Lita

LEROY Lita's future remained in the balance today with Reading still considered hot favourites to sign the Bristol City star.

Royals boss Steve Coppell has placed the striker high on his wanted list and negotiations are said to be continuing, even though City rejected their original verbal offer.

It is believed the 20 year-old, who has one more year remaining on his contract , would jump at the chance of joining ex Robins team-mates Tommy Doherty (QPR) and Joe Anyinsah (Preston) in the Championship.

By the same token Ashton Gate chiefs are likely to consider anything approaching a realistic bid for last season's 29-goal marksman, knowing his value will dwindle the longer he goes without signing a new contract at City.

With clubs like Reading, Burnley and a number of Premiership clubs are currently keeping tabs on him, it is unlikely Lita will pen a new deal at the Gate while a choice of a move remains on the cards.

Reading are poised to make an offer, amounting to around £1 million, that Cit6y may finsd very difficult to resist.

City Chairman Steve Lansdown, however, remained philosophical about the scenario and again insisted they had received nothing from the Royals, or anyone else, worthy of forcing their hand.

He said: "I am not going to deny that I've had conversations with Reading and Burnley about Leroy, and Plymouth spoke with me at one point but that did not amount to anything serious."

"Leroy is very happy to play at Bristol City, but he is keen to play at the highest level too."

"We had an approach from Reading early on with 'numbers attached' whichwe rejected, and the same was the case with Burnley."

"The situation is simple - if they were to come up with figures to suiit our requirements, and Leroy wanted to go, then he'd go."

"If that doesn't happen then Leroy will continue to give his all for this football club."

Asked whether he was wary of the fact Lita had just one year left on his current contract, Lansdown replied: "i'm mindful of a lot of things."

"Leroy had a great last season and the question is, will he have one again? I think the answer to that is 'yes', because we know of his talent and graet potential."

"But you're also aware that injuries can bite and you have to ask yourself, 'do you run the risk of losing the opportunity (to cash in) through things out of your control?"

"It's up to us, the club, to negotiate a proper contract for him and if we're in the Championship, it makes it much easier."

"But as far as other clubs go, until I get a written offer for a player, he's ours."

Meanwhile, Port Vale are chasing former City defender Mickey Bell, who was released by the Robins ar the end of last season.

The Geordie however, is thought to be considering a move to join Cheltenham Town managed by his former Gate boss, John Ward.

I think keeping lita would probably be a better option. We would get about a million for him max now but if we keep him I think we will have a good chance of promotion which would give us more than a million income (if we do get promoted) plus the fact if we are in a higher league in two years time Lita may want to stay.

Guest Royal Ian

Seems pretty clear to me. We table the right fee of around £1million and I think he is ours but until then he stays put. Fair enough. Hope we do make the offer as Kitson and Lita would be superb. praying smiley.gif

IMO we (BCFC) must DEMAND no less than £750k up front with another £750k depending on appearances/goals/international apps/international goals/promotion etc.

BCAGFC

P.s. If you get less than £750k up front then the deal is not good for BCFC as we already need 3/4 players (GK,CD,RW/LW) and that does not come cheaply.

I just think we all need a reality check: gone in the last few months - Matty H., Doc, Anyinsah...and now (more than likely) LEEEE...ROY. Its been said before, but something's badly amiss with the management's motivational skills.

Guest Mr. Reading
lita and stewart would be a mile better  shifty.gif

ha! yeh right smile.gif , Stewart the Rovers reject i bet u mean laugh.gif maybe we could do an exchange, Hunt for Lita? innocent.gif

ha! yeh right Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it., Stewart the Rovers reject i bet u mean  laugh.gif maybe we could do and exchange, Hunt for Lita? innocent.gif

Yeh, the Rovers reject who scored 17 goals for a side who won promotion to the Premiership... Where did you finish? Remind me again?

Stewart and Lita - a partnership for promotion smile.gif

Guest Mr. Reading
Yeh, the Rovers reject who scored 17 goals for a side who won promotion to the Premiership... Where did you finish? Remind me again?

Stewart and Lita - a partnership for promotion  smile.gif

ok ill admit he used to be good, but i mean, can he seriously be any good anymore if hes going to a club like city? dance.gif and where did u finish then? was it about 24 places below us?

Kitson and Lita - a partnership for promotion to a better league smile.gif

Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it., ok ill admit he used to be good, but i mean, can he seriously be any good anymore if hes going to a club like city? dance.gif Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it., and where did u finish then? was it about 24 places below us?

Until Lita is yours or if he becomes a Reading player (please God no praying smiley.gif ) Bog off yeh....

Sorry but it's all aload of rumours at the moment. If it does come to light congrats to you, you have an awesome player but until then... Ssssh! Thankyou smile.gif

Guest Mr. Reading
Until Lita is yours or if he becomes a Reading player (please God no  praying smiley.gif ) Bog off yeh....

Sorry but it's all aload of rumours at the moment. If it does come to light congrats to you, you have an awesome player but until then... Ssssh! Thankyou  smile.gif

well, i must say u are correct there. but where did these recent rumours come from? The Bristol evening post wasnt it? i was merely suggesting that a kitson/lita partnership would do wonders for both teams, i mean we all know u need the money for some good players (that arent Lita obviously), i think £1m would do the world of goal difference for your club!

Guest DrFaustus
ok ill admit he used to be good, but i mean, can he seriously be any good anymore if hes going to a club like city? dance.gif and where did u finish then? was it about 24 places below us?

You are from Reading - a place with as much significance (and odour) as Bridgwater or S****horpe. Please stop arguing with my red friends, or I may be forced to set the goats on you.

well, i must say u are correct there. but where did these recent rumours come from? The Bristol evening post wasnt it? i was merely suggesting that a kitson/lita partnership would do wonders for both teams, i mean we all know u need the money for some good players (that arent Lita obviously), i think £1m would do the world of goal difference for your club!

The Evening Post has been known to be the biggest load of trash going... I didnt mean to be rude in my last post but I'm sure you would be just as defensive if it was one of your top players (Kitson)...

In fact i do actually believe we will lose Lita but if possible id much rather have another three years on his contract than the £1 million.

As i said before congrats if you do sign him, hes tops but until that day he is still a Bristol City player smile.gif

Guest Mr. Reading
You are from Reading - a place with as much significance (and odour) as Bridgwater or S****horpe. Please stop arguing with my red friends, or I may be forced to set the goats on you.

o no! not the goats!! i wonder if uve ever visited Reading... i actually have a bristol city fan with me at the moment (living in Reading of course) and she agrees, as I'm sure u do, that "rather Reading than Swindon" ey?

Guest Mr. Reading
The Evening Post has been known to be the biggest load of trash going... I didnt mean to be rude in my last post but I'm sure you would be just as defensive if it was one of your top players (Kitson)...

In fact i do actually believe we will lose Lita but if possible id much rather have another three years on his contract than the £1 million.

As i said before congrats if you do sign him, hes tops but until that day he is still a Bristol City player  smile.gif

smile.gif ok then! i havent experienced the post so wouldnt know! Id be happy to sell Kitson, if we were getting say.... £5m, heh, no your rite there! but i think all fans are going to have to face that lita wont want to stay, and yes i agree hes tops! which is why i want him bad. biggrin.gif

You can "merely suggest" that without taking the (Am I naughty or what!) though, can't you?

I suggest that is the real reason you got a bit of verbal, don't you?

Guest DrFaustus
o no! not the goats!! i wonder if uve ever visited Reading... i actually have a bristol city fan with me at the moment (living in Reading of course) and she agrees, as I'm sure u do, that "rather Reading than Swindon" ey?

Is that English?

Reading is a hellhole and serves no meaningful purpose, much the same as Swindon, granted. I have to visit said cesspit once per month with work and ensure that my innoculations are kept up-to-date.

The good people on this messageboard have enough to contend with, with us Rovers fans and the odd head-the-ball from Swindon or Yeovil. Why for the love of Christ, they would want to entertain some Thames Valley hillbilly is beyond me.

Buenas dias.

We need to get the money upfront, not based on appearances or getting promoted. The main thing is a big sell on clause.

Reading stopped playing goater as he has made 49 appearances, and they need to pay another 50k if he makes another.

I go up and watch Reading quite often and If Kitson can get his form back, him and Leroy we be Lethal together.

Reading will struggle this season though, there 1st eleven is quality, but the rest of there squad is poo !

Guest young richy
Why?

Please good medical man of wit,could you keep the questions to the hill-folk from

the insignificant burk-shire a little bit easier for them to comprehend.

Guest hairyshamrock
I just think we all need a reality check: gone in the last few months - Matty H., Doc, Anyinsah...and now (more than likely) LEEEE...ROY.  Its been said before, but something's badly amiss with the management's motivational skills.

I'm not so worried by this anymore...

I feel that should we get rid of some people who are dragging the team down and who do not work with the manager well (or maybe the other players too) then good riddance. There are some people in every walk of life who just can't work together and that's understandable. Tinnion has tried to do what he could with what he had last season and now feels that he has a chance to sort out certain things and off load players he doesn't want. I feel thats fair enough.

You cannot have one or 2 players thinking they are above the manager, or bigger than the club.

Archived