IGNORED

Let's Get Real

Redtrojan

I have tried not to visit this site too much recently,due to the usual wind ups and vitriol spewed by the tinnion haters.

But i can resist replying no longer.For gods sake let's get real.Lita has one year left on his contract,if he choses not to sign he will go for nothing next year.

He like most footballers is only interested in his own future and will move with the money.

There is nothing the manager or chairman can do-except negotiate the best deal they can for the club.Just like there was nothing King the Swindon manager could do about us poaching their best players.

The situation with Hill and Anisayeh is exactly the same,they moved with the money ,and possibility of a higher grade of football.Nothing anyone could do.

Lita leaving is a loss-but not unmanageable-he is not the finished article .His first touch is often poor and he is not always a "team" player and plenty more goals would have been scored had he been less selfish.A million quid for an unproven player with a year on his contract-got to take it.

We will probably play 442 next year .That means that one of brooker,lita or stewart would be on the bench. If Lita does leave i am not unhappy with a brooker,stewart partnership ,with cotterall and gillespie providing competition.

The midfield and defence have been strengthened with young players with something to prove and the stale players who have underachieved for so long have departed.With the cash from a sale futher strengthening may occur.

I for one am looking forward to the new season and expect to see plenty of passion and committment from what is now tinnion's team.Lets judge him on results-rather than personnel prejudices-surely thats only fair?

I have tried not to visit this site too much recently,due to the usual wind ups and vitriol spewed by the tinnion haters.

But i can resist replying no longer.For gods sake let's get real.Lita has one year left on his contract,if he choses not to sign he will go for nothing next year.

He like most footballers is only interested in his own future and will move with the money.

There is nothing the manager or chairman can do-except negotiate the best deal they can for the club.Just like there was nothing King the Swindon manager could do about us poaching their best players.

The situation with Hill and Anisayeh is exactly the same,they moved with the money ,and possibility of a higher grade of football.Nothing anyone could do.

Lita leaving is a loss-but not unmanageable-he is not the finished article .His first touch is often poor and he is not always a "team" player and plenty  more goals would have been scored had he been less selfish.A million quid for an unproven player with a year  on his contract-got to take it.

We  will probably play 442 next year .That means that  one of brooker,lita or stewart would be on the bench. If Lita does leave i am not unhappy with a brooker,stewart partnership ,with cotterall and gillespie providing competition.

The midfield and defence have been strengthened with young players with something to  prove and the stale players who have underachieved for so long have departed.With the cash from a sale futher strengthening may occur.

I for one am looking forward to the new season and expect to see plenty of passion and committment from what is now tinnion's team.Lets judge him on results-rather than personnel prejudices-surely thats only fair?

Actually you are wrong, even if he doesnt sign a new deal we will be able to command a fee by the way of compensation.

I personally think that if we were offered £750k up front with add ons, we would/should take it.

Despite our optimism for this coming season, and for lots of others in the past by the way, we cannot get away from the fact that we are a 3rd division club, and in my opinion, Leroy is better than that.

Football is a releatively short career, and with bad luck could end tomorrow, if he feels he can do better for himself by moving to a div 2 club now, then good luck to him.

CHR city.gif

Yep, BT's team.

And no doubt he will be judged on results.

As for personal prejudices, well I think there is a lot of very constructive debate during his first season.

And while he couldn't manage an experienced quality team last season, lets hope the new blood can justify his appt as manager.

There can be no more excuse's this season. I think he had enough last season. biggrin.gif

I hope that he proves all his doubters wrong. Because while many may still doubt, we all want Championship footy - It has to be a promotion winning season.

BT or no BT.

I personally think that if we were offered £750k up front with add ons, we would/should take it.

CHR  city.gif

Just a thought but when was the last time Shaun Goater played for Reading? Is he not in the reserves because Reading won't pay Man City the "add on" with regard to his 50th appearance. I think if Leroy should go to Reading I'd would think seriously about these so-called ad ons and maybe demand a bigger fee from them and less clauses. Obviously there must be a sell on clause and possibly an international appearance clause but after that?

Lita leaving is a loss-but not unmanageable-he is not the finished article .His first touch is often poor and he is not always a "team" player and plenty  more goals would have been scored had he been less selfish.A million quid for an unproven player with a year  on his contract-got to take it.

We  will probably play 442 next year .That means that  one of brooker,lita or stewart would be on the bench. If Lita does leave i am not unhappy with a brooker,stewart partnership ,with cotterall and gillespie providing competition.

The midfield and defence have been strengthened with young players with something to  prove and the stale players who have underachieved for so long have departed.With the cash from a sale futher strengthening may occur.

Not sure why you're getting so worked up about this - is anyone really saying that we shouldnt sell him for a million pounds ?

Of course we should. Every player has his price, even Steven Gerrard.

And of course your're right he'll be a loss (although despite not being the finished article he's shown lots of improvement and could be a very good player - so lets not do him down too much !)

The more you look at this situation, the more you think the club knew Lita would be going - doesnt the signing of Marcus Stewart make a lot more sense now ?

One small point on Tinnion though (and i realise you will probably just think i'm an irrational tinnion hater for saying this... ) we are judging tinnion on his performances - and his performances so far havent been that great.

Surely thats only fair ?

Archived