IGNORED

How Many?

RedZepperin

Well I am a season ticket holder, I'm not going in the East End tomorrow cos they didn't make it pay on the day, but I am going to Hartlepool though not to Grimsby (part-timer?: you decide), and I am hoping to meet Gerry Gow but not Eric Eisentrager (cos I don't remember him: no offence like, whereas Gow was my boyhood hero), and I do feel Steve Phillips fails to command his area as well as he should but still rate him highly, and I will probably buy a 'Tinman is a S#ithead' t-shirt because I acknowledge that the term 's#ithead' has been positively 'reclaimed' by us, the fans, even though it was originally a derogatory term and I, erm.......... what was the question again?

Eric Eisentrager
ALEC (His adopted english name) Eisentrager was my late dads favourite player and a very brave guy as he was a German Prisoner who stayed here after the war. Dad said that he took some terrible stick in his first couple of seasons.

I have met him several times through work and he's a lovely chap, and very modest. I have seen old film of him playing and he looked really skilful, dad said he was the first player he saw perform the "overhead bicycle kick" to score a goal.

Guest city slicker 71

Had the pleasure to see him play on a number of occasions in the mid-50s, wonderful ball skills & a good foil for Atyeo as was my other favourite Cyril Williams in the No 10 shirt in those days inside left was considered to be the intelligent slot.

Regards,

COWSHEDDER

Archived