IGNORED

Debentures ... How Many Sold ?

headhunter

The club are strangely silent on how many debentures have been sold.

400 at £5000 is £2million cash up front - it hasn't happened !

Lita for £1million will plug this shortfall

The stand should not go ahead in its current form - let's wait until we can afford the two-tier version.

Do you agree ?

Guest Tactical Genius

The stand is not really needed full stop. There is no issue re capacity, the club do not need the extra financial burden and as a conference venue it will rank fairly low in terms of desirability with the available alternatives in Bristol.

The stand and redevelopment of Ashton Gate, be it in a peiecemeal basis IS needed and to not do so would be a tragic oppurtunity wasted. We need to encourage more families, more non match day revenue, more match day revenue (boxes) and better facilities all round. We need to look at the longer term for BCFC and lets face it Ashton Gate is starting to look and feel its age. Now will be the best time to do it, whilst we are in the 3rd Divsion (league One) as it will not greatly effect our potential attendances. If and what all aspire for is achieved i.e. promotion and prmotion again, the impact on building will be far greater on potential match day revenue.

If,as Mr Sexstone has said, the stand will almost pay for itself on the basis of a long term catering contract and the £850K Grant, I can't undertand why Rod wasn't knocked over by Bulldozers on his way home!

It seems to have gone horribly quiet on:

Season Ticket Sales-Complete with a breakdown of how many, who to and where in the Ground.

Exec Boxes-Sold?

Your point-Debenture and my guess would be 50-100 at best.

We do need a new stand for the future and the money ISN'T available for players as it's linked to the building, not playing.

The Board have showed willing in releasing some of the additional money to Miller Tins has brought in with the sales of Heffernan,Anyinsah & Doherty in making a bid of, I would guess £50k for Coughlan dunno.gif

Further funds may be needed to attract Tins other two targets.

I think that the boxes, bricks & debentures have all "failed" and there's been a sharp intake of Breathe at Board Level.

Let's see.

I agree with headhunter with regard to the club building a decent two tier stand, just having a single tier stand seems naff and a wasted opportunity for building what would be the best football stand that Bristol has ever seen.

The original plan was for £10m and two teirs.

I reckon one tier with an option to increase is probably right.

Yeah a reckon we are planning to sell Lita to build a stand...anyone got anymore rumours, thinking or are we all that bored.

I have a fact for you from a "good source". Leroy has just bought a house in Portishead, that belonged to Richard Gould.................

Rosenior....that is

I think it's the wrong place for that type of stand!!

People who want debenture seats and exec box's want the best view.....at the side of the pitch!!!

The WILLIAMS needs replacing, because although i have no interest in watching football in that sterile environment...we need the money that type of hospitality brings in!! I believe the sags take more money from their bars and hospitality business than they do from gate reciepts, we need to be doing that!!!

I have a fact for you from a "good source". Leroy has just bought a house in Portishead, that belonged to Richard Gould.................

Rosenior....that is

I knew that!

Cant understand why he wants to trek all the way to Torquay from here though!

apparently its cos the missus has more friends here.

Dollymarie

I agree. what fool decided to down grade the stand to one level and also have executive boxes behind a goal !!

No wonder the damn thing isnt going to get built...but at least the board were able to use this as scaremongering to sell what season tickets they have sold.

Well done Steve !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's the wrong place for that type of stand!!

People who want debenture seats and exec box's want the best view.....at the side of the pitch!!!

The WILLIAMS needs replacing, because although i have no interest in watching football in that sterile environment...we need the money that type of hospitality brings in!! I believe the sags take more money from their bars and hospitality business than they do from gate reciepts, we need to be doing that!!!

Ain't difficult though is it - what's their average home gate - 2000 ?

Agree that the Williams is looking a bit old and tired - logically it would be the next stand to get replaced.

Archived