IGNORED

Tompo Right About Goater Compo

greenun

READING PUT GOATER IN THE LITA BID

READING are set to up their bid for Bristol City striker Leroy Lita - and will offer former Ashton Gate favourite Shaun Goater as part of the deal.

The Royals have also offered a lifetime's supply of Walkers Sensation Crisps (yes - the posh ones) and several pounds of Maris Piper Potatoes.

Unfortunately, only the first offer is true.

What do we all think about THAT then folks?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Someone posted thst we would have a forward line of 65 years with Goater and Stewart

That is not the type of side I want to see at City

As a motivator in the dressing room, some one wink.gif in my office says he was one of the very best.

But i think he's ability on the pitch would be of little use to us now.

£1m cash, or go away imo

Guest WillsbridgeRed
As a motivator in the dressing room, some one wink.gif in my office says he was one of the very best.

Surely this is the type of person we need involved behind the scenes at the club

Or maybe he could motivate the TFG kit designers

Lita is going nowhere so its pointless to consider Goater.

Reading have some neck don't they?

Can't they get it in their thick stupid heads that we don't want to sell Lita, he's not for sale, he's not interested in them and they can't afford him anyway!

This specuation is getting pathetic now. ranting.gif

Guest hairyshamrock

I'm with Wilsbridge Red on this one, get him in on the coaching staff, as far as i'm aware he's done some of his badges so get him in and get him going. He's certainly got charisma and experience and more levels than just third division football for most of his career...

Lita is going nowhere so its pointless to consider Goater.

Reading have some neck don't they?

Can't they get it in their thick stupid heads that we don't want to sell Lita, he's not for sale, he's not interested in them and they can't afford him anyway!

This specuation is getting pathetic now. ranting.gif

Its a bit more than speculation now, Evocare.

Reading can afford him. If they up their offer he'll go.

It wouldn't be the end of the world. farmer.gif

Guest Simonty
He'll be gone by the time we line up against doncaster. Its beyond obvious.

It's not obvious at all. I don't think anyone knows what will happen, not even Lita himself.

Guest Royal Ian

It is interesting from our front that we haven't spent any moeny so far this summer. We have been getting good squad players on frees obviously to keep most of the budget for this. We wanted Helguson first but couldn't match the Premiership offers but now it's obvious we want Lita. Coppell continually said last year that he likes the big man, little man combination and that he saw Fozzy and Kitson as his best two. Now that Fozzy is gone we will be looking for a replacement. Lita fits the bill. Just hoping it all gets sorted one way or the other asap.

Oh for gawds sake take a reality pill!

He'll be gone by the time we line up against doncaster. Its beyond obvious.

Its a bit more than speculation now, Evocare.

Reading can afford him. If they up their offer he'll go.

It wouldn't be the end of the world.  farmer.gif

Bugger then.. crying.gif

I too ope this Lita saga gets sorted fast. Its getting boring now and nothing has been said on the official site! Please don't bring Goater back he did great at city when he was here. Don't make the same mistake as bringing Murray back. Lets remember Goater as a great player and not a journeyman whose at the end of his career.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

No I can not imagine Goater doing a good job now it his age,if Lita does go then only a million in cash would do us,then hopefully we can get someone in Becketts class,does anyone know if he is still available for a transfer.

Any other offer refuse and hope Lita gets us up this season with him and stewart we stand a very good chance.

No I can not imagine Goater doing a good job now it his age,if Lita does go then only a million in cash would do us,then hopefully we can get someone in Becketts class,does anyone know if he is still available for a transfer.

Any other offer refuse and hope Lita gets us up this season with him and stewart we stand a very good chance.

Yes Beckett turned down Oldham so we could go in for him. Not sure if hes as good as Lita though. Abbott would be good from Huddersfieldtop striker last season.

Guest REDCIDERARMY

I always liked the look of Beckett always had time on the ball,never waisted a pass actually had a good touch,and good in the air,be a good partner for Stewart but I agree really hoping lita stays and contnues on from last season.

Funny that, we sell our class 29 goal striker and it's not the end of the world.

We sell Christian Roberts and it's a nightmare and your going mad.

Can't work it out.

My comment was to calm down Evocare who seemed to be getting in a desperate state at the prospect of Leroy going. However,

Selling Roberts to rivals Swindon for about 30k was, in my opinion, indefensible, and it made me mad. You don't agree, but lets not re-start an old argument.

Selling Leroy for 1m. plus sell-ons would be a decent deal which means City can strengthen the team all round.

Although we've already sold potentially his best replacement, Heffs, either Gillespie or Cotterill could fill the gap, and possibly rise to the heights Leroy did last season.

I'm not panic stricken/angry/ shocked by the thought of Leroy leaving, it's been inevitable for a while so i'm quite relaxed about it.

Hope that alleviates your perplexity.

Archived