IGNORED

If Coughlan Signs

Bristol Boy

that's one down, two to go, with as a keeper and a target man needed.

I'm getting slightly confused by what we're "looking at" as a target man.

I wouldn't say Akinfenwa or Goater, whilst both good players, are what I'd call a target man in the same way as, say, Henderson at Gillingham is.

On Goater, he was a top player for us but the last I heard he wanted to play in the Premiership and, whilst I think that's nonsense, it doesn't bring one to the view that he'd come back with salary another obstacle.

Whilst I think he'd do a great job IF FIT, at his age do we know that he'll be available for say, even 30 games as season?

I think this could be paper talk again but I wouldn't let Lita go unless Reading can find £1m now another £500k in installments and 20/25% of any sell on profit.

Unless he's really desparate to go, keep him, gain promotion and then, unless a bid come in from the Premiership or a Championship club offers him daft money we should be able to compete financially AND offer Championship football.

The flip side, as SL said, is that if he fades badly ala Coles who didn't attract one bid last season, never mind the £500k Cardiff offered two seasons ago, we've lost out.

I don't think that's likely, but it's all about LL and his attitude at the end of the day.

Although his (LL) value would depreciate considerably if he has a poor season on the open market, I don't think his tribunal fee would differ as much.

BCAGFC

It's a gamble either way and my gut feeling based on past history is that he'll be talking to Reading by Monday.

goater will never play for reading again, as stated they have to pay a big lump sum if he makes one more appearance for the club, i personally if we were looking for a back up target man for brooker would have got in iwelumo, on a free and would have been good cover

goater will never play for reading again, as stated they have to pay a big lump sum if he makes one more appearance for the club, i personally if we were looking for a back up target man for brooker would have got in iwelumo, on a free and would have been good cover

Iwelumo is rubbish!

Archived