IGNORED

Cocko

red as fcuk

1. Why are Plymouth selling a first team regular Whom they describe as a legend?

I know West has just signed for them, but this talk was started half-way through last season!

2. Why would he want to drop down a division to play for city? blink.gif

I'm not complaining because I think he could well be the best signing we make all summer, just curious.

Any suggestions?

Hmmm maybe he had a clause in his contract which aloud us to talk. Good point about dropping down a div though, can only assume he has been told he is not going to be as regular as he was last season i guess.

In what way?

His pace.

Just like when Butler first joined us.. he was good enough for WBA in the Champ but when they won promotion to the Prem he was never going to be at the level.

praying smiley.gif he signs

His pace.

Just like when Butler first joined us..  he was good enough for WBA in the Champ but when they won promotion to the Prem he was never going to be at the level.

praying smiley.gif he signs

Never mind Butler he strikes me as more of a (dare I say it) oooooh Shaun Taylor!

I thought you sms people would have heard something by now! praying smiley.gif

A workmate of mine is a Plymouth season ticket holder.....They DO NOT want him to go!

Good enough for me!

Have to say they are in the minority, the guy is a battler and all supporters love those, will never give less than 100% think he was a bit miffed when Paul Wotton was offered a long term deal and he was only offered 12 months, sadly he had a few shockers last season Millwall West Ham and Sunderland to name a few and was struggling with pacier forwards in the CCC.

No surprise that we have strengthened over the summer could not have gone into the new season with Cocko starting again, most realistic supporters understand it was just one step too many for him

That said he was superb season before last and will do a top job in league one.

You will have to replace him season after next though!!

By the way the fee according to the local press was £125,000

Have to say they are in the minority, the guy is a battler and all supporters love those, will never give less than 100% think he was a bit miffed when Paul Wotton was offered a long term deal and he was only offered 12 months, sadly he had a few shockers last season Millwall West Ham and Sunderland to name a few and was struggling with pacier forwards in the CCC.

No surprise that we have strengthened over the summer could not have gone into the new season with Cocko starting again, most realistic supporters understand it was just one step too many for him 

That said he was superb season before last and will do a top job in league one.

You will have to replace him season after next though!!

By the way the fee according to the local press was £125,000

If you see him around Plymouth can you tell him to get his arse into gear and sign for us? laugh.gif

1.    Why are Plymouth selling a first team regular Whom they describe as a legend?

I know West has just signed for them, but this talk was started half-way through last season!

2.    Why would he want to drop down a division to play for city? blink.gif

I'm not complaining because I think he could well be the best signing we make all summer, just curious.

Any suggestions?

AGE AGE AGE

There's 30 and then there's the other 30.

Most players start to slow a little at 30, but there are always late developers, and the ones who really look after themselves and train a little harder. Tins was an exception, whereas Murray has visibly slowed at 30.

Stewart at 32, Coughlan at 30 may well be good enough to last a season or two in division one, or the hands of time may find them out.

We will rely on Tins judgement. However if we are promoted next season, the championship league may well find us with 2 aging players either cutting it or not fast enough.

If in fact we are offerring 125k for Coughlan, i would ask why not spend 200k for the 23 year old Nelson or similar type. Better long term investment, and better attacking player. Miller,Heffs, Goody, Anyinsah, Doc, and probably Lita will bring in some cash. BCFC has options.

It looks like it'll be the weekend at the very earliest if he does sign according to the WDP as his wife has gone in to labour, may even be next week.

I'm no expert on this but that's an awfully long labour isn't it?

Anyway, what's his wife going into labour got to do with this? If he can't see that his priority lies with City then I think we should reconsider whether we want him or not. Don't they have phones in maternity wards? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anyway, what's his wife going into labour got to do with this?  If he can't see that his priority lies with City then I think we should reconsider whether we want him or not.  Don't they have phones in maternity wards?  confused-smiley-013.gif

Are you joking? If he was going to miss a play-off final I could understand your point!

Anyway, what's his wife going into labour got to do with this?  If he can't see that his priority lies with City then I think we should reconsider whether we want him or not.  Don't they have phones in maternity wards?  confused-smiley-013.gif

You're not married are you???

Are you joking? If he was going to miss a play-off final I could understand your point!

But he might be about to miss a play-off final! He wouldn't be involved in the play-offs with Plymouth but there's every chance with us. Children are for 18 years but a career is for life. rolleyes.gif

His pace.

Exactly my thoughts, having spoken to a mate who is a Plymouth fan apparently he is slow, & at 30 will not hack it in the higher leagues. Should Run riot down here with a bit of luck dance.gif

Let's call his baby boy Robin laugh.gif

I been there, done the labour thing x2. Just put it this way, if Mr RedM said to me 'bye love, just popping down to plymouth for a couple of hours' I would not have been best pleased!

We , city, are chasing him remember. If he says wait then we wait!

Archived