IGNORED

Danny Coles

Luke_Ciderhead

If that happens our strong squad is suddenly thread bare. With leroy off, heff gone, tommy gone (no biggy) anyinsah gone for probably about £20-30k at the most! We all of a sudden look quite weak, with 2 strikers and cotteril and gillespie in reserve!!! Worrying times.

Let them have him hes not even that good and he thinks hes Zidane.

He seems to do stupid things in big games aswell eg playof ffinal gave away a penalty, got sent off v sheff wed and he also gave a penalty away against Everton.

Yes because every other centre back is perfect and never makes a mistake do they? Look at Barrett hated at the gas for making mistakes League 2 player of the year last season voted by the fans. A couple of mistakes don't make a bad player, how many chances did lita miss last season? How many passes did tommy misplace last season? How many vital tackles did coles make last season?

I think you see what I'm getting at.

I hope Coles stays. I still believe that a lot can come from the lad.

It's been a difficult year for him after the Play-Off Final defeat. People forget that but I think it may have stuck in his mind.

He is a good player. All that is needed is for him to know that he is a good player and that he will achieve great things if he really puts the work in him- if he does that, has a good season for City and then goes- fine.

I would be disappointed if Coles went for less than £200k, maybe more.

Yes because every other centre back is perfect and never makes a mistake do they? Look at Barrett hated at the gas for making mistakes League 2 player of the year last season voted by the fans. A couple of mistakes don't make a bad player, how many chances did lita miss last season? How many passes did tommy misplace last season? How many vital tackles did coles make last season?

I think you see what I'm getting at.

Yes but I'm sure that Barret has a better attuide than Coles

Guest Tactical Genius

Heavily over-rated player. Peter Taylor is a shrewd judge of players and there is no way he would entertain having Coles in his squad.

Tins has said how much he rates Coughlan Heywood, Smith, and Golbourne. He has not said too much about Carey, and put Coles name out there as available.

Recently Tins said Coles could stay and fight for a place, however it looks like he and Fortune will be lower in order than Heywood and Coughlan. Coles and Fortune may be looking at bench time, or a move.

Tins has said how much he rates Coughlan Heywood, Smith, and Golbourne. He has not said too much about Carey, and put Coles name out there as available.

Recently Tins said Coles could stay and fight for a place, however it looks like he and Fortune will be lower in order than Heywood and Coughlan. Coles and Fortune may be looking at bench time, or a move.

This theory is all well and good but should we not wait until Coughlan actually signs for us?

Coles was rightly or wrongly tarred with the same brush as the Doc after the 'look into my eyes' showdown.

The Doc decided how he wanted to act afterwards and so did Danny. Tinnion also made decisions and with one of them gone maybe he has got Danny back onto the right path? And by bringing in competition for his place he won't be so complacent?

Why oh why do people rate Heywood so highly. If we sign Coughlin our centre backs should be him and Coles. Heywood is at best cover unless we want to play hoof ball. His distribution is awful and for a big man he doesn't get up well. Swindle fans are thanking us for taking him off their hands and can't understand why we are so keen. I think it could turn out to be very poor judgement, did Shaun Taylor recommend him as a parting "gift"? ranting.gif

Why oh why do people rate Heywood so highly. If we sign Coughlin our centre backs should be him and Coles. Heywood is at best cover unless we want to play hoof ball. His distribution is awful and for a big man he doesn't get up well. Swindle fans are thanking us for taking him off their hands and can't understand why we are so keen. I think it could turn out to be very poor judgement, did Shaun Taylor recommend him as a parting "gift"? ranting.gif

Guess its the "Big Player" syndrom. Heywood is a big guy and guess they want someone more experienced at the back but I get your sentiment hes not the best. But this is league 1 football so guess he will be adequate for us. Do you think Tinnion thought that he wasn't going to get Coughlan and thats why he signed Heywood? Seems strange that we have signed (or about to) sign 2 centre backs. city.gif

Danny Coles is waaaaaaaaaay better than Matt colamity Heywood, Heywood isn't even good, half the time he misses a ball when he goes up for it, hes the dodgiest thing to come to ashton gate since sean dyche, coles and coughlan by a mile should be the paring and if we lose coles then we are buggered quite frankly with defensive slip ups from Heywood!!!! Andy King was tryin to get rid of him mid-season, says alot really, people will get on his back straight away I don't know how people can slag off Danny Coles and worship Heywood when they haven't even seen him play! Danny is Quality please don't leave!!!!!

Danny Coles is waaaaaaaaaay better than Matt colamity Heywood, Heywood isn't even good, half the time he misses a ball when he goes up for it, hes the dodgiest thing to come to ashton gate since sean dyche, coles and coughlan by a mile should be the paring and if we lose coles then we are buggered quite frankly with defensive slip ups from Heywood!!!! Andy King was tryin to get rid of him mid-season, says alot really, people will get on  his back straight away I don't know how people can slag off Danny Coles and worship Heywood when they haven't even seen him play! Danny is Quality please don't leave!!!!!

I concur AndyKat. Living unfortunatley in Swindon I speak with many of my 3 fingered friends they thinkb it's hilarious that we have signed the donkey. looks to me that Kings putting together a decent squad as well, god I detest them ranting.gif

Archived