IGNORED

Coughlan Not Coming

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Guest WillsbridgeRed
Today's Western Morning News states that Coughlan is undecided whether to the Pilgrims now. Steven Gerrard Mark II. I believe the way it is, he feels now is the best time to move on, but he hasn't been offered a better deal at City, and is now looking to stay at Argyle and possibly sign a 2 year extension on his contract.

We can't let this player slip through our fingers!

We're almost there with the squad we have - Come on City, sort something out and get this deal finished.

He's only just in for talks this morning I believe, so how he can be offered a poorer contract when he's not even been in for 'talks' is beyond me rofl2br.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Actual;y, I have just thought that this post is flawed.

Negotiations havn't started yet as he couldn't make it yesterday, so how could he know what type of final deal he can have?

Edit - Dam Redraw, you've beaten me to it razz.gif

Actual;y, I have just thought that this post is flawed.

Negotiations havn't started yet as he couldn't make it yesterday, so how could he know what type of final deal he can have?

Edit - Dam Redraw, you've beaten me to it  razz.gif

Serves you right for quoting the usual bulls-hit tat from a local newspaper razz.gif

"...from discussions so far I don't foresee a problem." Brian Tinnion on the BCFC official site.

City Site

Therefore, they HAVE had initial conversations and they have made a provisional, without prejudice offer to the player.

Therefore he is in a position to know the relative merits of his current contract and that likely to be offered by City.

Therefore he may have thought about the stress of moving against the benefiots of a new contract....

and so it is quite likely that he is in a position to have a view on the city proposal...and may indeed be minded to stay put.

Would be a great shame if we failed to secure his services, maybe his wife is influencing his decision now his a little one in tow.

surely from a footballing point of veiw he should come here!?

Why, from a footballing point of view, should he come here?? He's currently playing for Championship side with decent squad and manager. We are a league 1 club (yet again) with an ever receeding squad and an arse as a manager

Why, from a footballing point of view, should he come here?? He's currently playing for Championship side with decent squad and manager. We are a league 1 club (yet again) with an ever receeding squad and an arse as a manager

Becuase he will get to play regular first team football here, not warming the bench like he will be in Plymouth.

and why the cheap Tinnion dig?, the season has not even started and you are already on his back.

"Today's Western Morning News states that Coughlan is undecided whether to the Pilgrims now. Steven Gerrard Mark II. I believe the way it is, he feels now is the best time to move on, but he hasn't been offered a better deal at City, and is now looking to stay at Argyle and possibly sign a 2 year extension on his contract. "

What, not another press group that quotes rumours and hearsay on website forums as fact in their headlines ohmy.gif ...Danny Coles to Hull springs to mind.

This may, of course, come true but you could tell that yesterdays EP was purely surmising based on what they read on City websites

Maybe you should change your name to Port Marine Ted as that would make your initials PMT........this might explain why most of your posts are so tetchy! whistling.gif

We've had plenty of time to sort this out.

Too much dithering and talk

His wife gave birth, the first chance since then he's up at AG today.

What more could we have done, drag him away from the delivery suite?!

Guest WillsbridgeRed
His wife gave birth, the first chance since then he's up at AG today.

What more could we have done, drag him away from the delivery suite?!

What about all the other days this week/month/year?

Just how long have we been linked to him?

It would be a sad day when we offer money for a 30-year-old Plymouth reject.

Just like when we took on a 30 year old Swindon reject some years ago?

To me we never replaced that 'reject' but have a very good oportunity now.

I think this emoticon is needed today: praying smiley.gif

How did he get on with Sturrock?

I can see this going pear shaped....

very well i expect considering they achieved two promotions?

I too can see us losing this signing.....

the outcome of this situation may be crucial to our forthcoming season.....

Archived