IGNORED

Goater

Gazred

Guest Simonty

Interesting that he thinks at 35 he can still make it in the Championship, I think he's a bit hopeful there to be honest, but there are some good examples of older aged players in the top 2 divisions so you never know.

Teddy Sheringham is staying with West Ham and he is about 39 or 40 now Si.

Les Ferdinand has stopped playing Football now at 39 and he might think of a come back in the premiership or the championship. But those two were all top internationals in there day and much more experienced then Goater.

Guest Simonty

Yeah, thats what I mean, Goater wasn't the top world-class player like the likes of Sheringham, and L. Ferdinand, instead Goater never really proved himself brilliant at premiership level, and so hasnt the experience of others.

Yeah, thats what I mean, Goater wasn't the top world-class player like the likes of Sheringham, and L. Ferdinand, instead Goater never really proved himself brilliant at premiership level, and so hasnt the experience of others.

He has proved himself at premiership level, not as much as some other stirkers, but he scored many a goal for Man City in the prem, 2 against ManUre in one particular game I remember.

And to the post above that, SG was a top International player for the Carribbean countries. He got more international caps than TS and LF. I know it was only for Bermuda but its noit like he could of changed his nationality.

I wouldnt mind if SG joined, because how do you know he wont score 30 goals? Can you see into the future? It would, however, be ridiculous to buy/sign him as a replacement for LL. Swapping a 20 year old England u21 for a 35 year old Bermudan International....no sense at all...however, if he joins another club in a division I will clap SG as he was a great sevant to our club and did contribute to our last promotion.

Guest Simonty
He has proved himself at premiership level, not as much as some other stirkers, but he scored many a goal for Man City in the prem, 2 against ManUre in one particular game I remember.

And to the post above that, SG was a top International player for the Carribbean countries. He got more international caps than TS and LF. I know it was only for Bermuda but its noit like he could of changed his nationality.

I wouldnt mind if SG joined, because how do you know he wont score 30 goals? Can you see into the future? It would, however, be ridiculous to buy/sign him as a replacement for LL. Swapping a 20 year old England u21 for a 35 year old Bermudan International....no sense at all...however, if he joins another club in a division I will clap SG as he was a great sevant to our club and did contribute to our last promotion.

Now that's well said chant6ez.gif

I forgot stupidly the seasons he had at Man City, but as you said rightly, he didn't prove himself as much as certain other strikers such as Sheringham, and maybe, controversially Andy Cole.

He was a brilliant player for our club, but i don't think he is the type of player we want back at the club.

Now that's well said  chant6ez.gif

He was a brilliant player for our club, but i don't think he is the type of player we want back at the club.

maybe about three or four years ago but he would be the type of player like allison who has been so effective at chesterfield, like scoring against us ranting.gif

Archived