IGNORED

Coughlan's Not Coming, So.....

Bristol Boy

as that had to be expected with Weds:

a.In a higher Div.

b.In Yorkshire, where his mssus is from dunno.gif

c.Probably paying more.

d.Having his old manager Sturrock.

Plymouths manager obviously doesn't think Coughlan is championship material as he made no attempt to offer him a better contract.

Now,plan B has to come into effect when, as looks likely, Lita's sold.

We know that we have £125k available and we can add some money to that and sign Nelson or another quality centre back, plus a striker.

Hopefully, the kid from Villa is competition for Phillips and that will strengthen the squad as necessary and give Tins the two players for each position that he requires.

Coles departure to Hull, which I would support if he doesn't sign a longer contract before Aug 6th,would still leave Carey, Fortune, Orr & Heywood as central defenders, with Tins still seeking another one and put even more money into the coffers.

Of course, if LL "does a Gerrard" & puts pen to paper next week, that would give the club an even bigger boost than Stewarts signing.

These things happen in football and Lita's sale, which I don't want to see happen, & Coughlan not coming,which is another blow,may well be a cloud with a silver lining.

We'll see come May 2006 cool.gif

I hope we sign another centre half "A leader" as Tinnion said.Also i would like somebody to try and replace Lita when he goes,which i aint quite sure we have at this club,I don't think Gillespe is up to it but it might be worth a gamble if it comes off.

Who do you think we need from now till 6th August ?

Good job we signed Heywood then, wasn't it?

He isn't Coughlan but at least he is a first ball winning centre back, talk of us signing Nelson is simply pie in the sky, if he doesn't join Hull instead why on earth would he want to come to us anyway? Hartlepool finished above us last season and I doubt he'd want to come this far South.

Contract or not there is no way we can afford to let Coles go now before we get another centre back in as that would leave just Heywood and Fortune, with Carey as back up, though in my opinion he's our best Right Back anyway.

Let's hope Tinnion has a Plan C for a new central defender, as Evatt and Ireland have moved on already, though I doubt very much the £125k earmarked to sign Coughlan will now be available in addition to money from Lita's likely sale.

as that had to be expected with Weds:

a.In a higher Div.

b.In Yorkshire, where his mssus is from dunno.gif

c.Probably paying more.

d.Having his old manager Sturrock.

Plymouths manager obviously doesn't think Coughlan is championship material as he made no attempt to offer him a better contract.

Now,plan B has to come into effect when, as looks likely, Lita's sold.

We know that we have £125k available and we can add some money to that and sign Nelson or another quality centre back, plus a striker.

Hopefully, the kid from Villa is competition for Phillips and that will strengthen the squad as necessary and give Tins the two players for each position that he requires.

Coles departure to Hull, which I would support if he doesn't sign a longer contract before Aug 6th,would still leave Carey, Fortune, Orr & Heywood as central defenders, with Tins still seeking another one and put even more money into the coffers.

Of course, if LL "does a Gerrard" & puts pen to paper next week, that would give the club an even bigger boost than Stewarts signing.

These things happen in football and Lita's sale, which I don't want to see happen, & Coughlan not coming,which is another blow,may well be a cloud with a silver lining.

We'll see come May 2006 cool.gif

I've heard nelson (if you are talking about the hartlepool one) signed a new contract there today

Just means he's had a signing on fee, a pay rise......and the fee's gone up!

LL's move holds the key.

If he doesn't move we'll have to look elsewhere and pay less.

As I've said, it's not sour grapes, but is the bloke good ewough for the championship as Plymouth struggled home and away last season dunno.gif

IMO Bradley Orr will never be a CD although we have nothing to lose by trying him there in pre-season, he certainly has the stature for that position.

Not sure about his quality but Jonathan Parkin at Macclesfield can play both the target man role and has played in central defence for most of his former clubs.

BCAGFC

Not sure if there is a hitch with Coughlan signing for Wednesday, but he hasn't signed yet. A fee has been agreed, but terms haven't yet been finalised.

Still a bit of hope maybe ?  Get onto it BT/SL, throw a spanner in - offer Plymuff cash up front and offer Coughlan top wedge plus a signing on fee.

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~683404,00.html

Or are we too late...

Cocko has obviously got a very good agent.

Not sure if there is a hitch with Coughlan signing for Wednesday, but he hasn't signed yet. A fee has been agreed, but terms haven't yet been finalised.

Still a bit of hope maybe ?  Get onto it BT/SL, throw a spanner in - offer Plymuff cash up front and offer Coughlan top wedge plus a signing on fee.

http://www.swfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~683404,00.html

Or are we too late...

http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/displayNod...tentPK=12813669

Reading that link to your web site, it seems he hasn't turned down a move to City or signed for Wednesday and may still stay at Plymuff  w00t.gif

Should know more after today then..

Doubt he will stay at HP he is obviously playing you and wednesday off to get the best deal, although I have to admit I would be surprised if he didnt sign for Sturrock.

Maybe Coughlan said he was going to speak to Wednesday and Tinnion has jumped to the conclusion that he will sign for them. It wouldn't be the first time that Tinnion has said something which turns out to be, well, gonads.

Having said that, Wednesday must be favourites..

Yep- we have no chance. Intersted by a WDP article today. Says we were interested in Westwood- who went to Walsall. Also Boyd and Mcleod! http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...wsNodeId=145797

Yep- we have no chance. Intersted by a WDP article today. Says we were interested in Westwood- who went to Walsall. Also Boyd and Mcleod! http://www.westpress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp...wsNodeId=145797

For the love of god Mr Tinnion will you please forget getting another striker in and concentrate on the defence and the left side?

We don't need a striker unless Lita goes and even then we only need a backup one.

Nibor

Archived