IGNORED

The Paper In Plymouth.....

eric04

Tinnion rues Coughlan snub

Bristol City manager Brian Tinnion admits he is "gutted" at missing out on defender Graham Coughlan, who has chosen to join Sheffield Wednesday.

Coughlan, who completed his move from Plymouth Argyle on Sunday, phoned Tinnion to explain that he was lured by the chance to link up once more with former Pilgrims manager Paul Sturrock at Hillsborough.

"I've been tracking Graham Coughlan for four months, so when you come that close to signing him it is disappointing - I'm gutted right now," he told the club's official website.

"As soon as I knew of Sheffield Wednesday's interest in the player I feared the Sturrock link may swing it, and sadly I have been proved right.

"I've kept in regular contact with Graham and he feels like he has let me down. We have to look forward though and I've already got other targets in mind."

Meanwhile, Tinnion has moved to quash rumours linking Danny Coles with a move to Hull, saying, "We want to keep Danny Coles, especially at this moment in time. We have no plans to sell him."

Archived