IGNORED

East End/new Stand

Ian M

Seems like the board have carried out another top notch stitch-up job then.

Buy 4 new players including one big name player when season tickets need to be shifted and as soon as you hit the 7,500-8000 mark sell Doherty (not a bad move in my book but still a popular player who's early release may have impacted on season ticket sales), lose one of your brightest Academy prospects because you never had the foresight midway through last season to extend his current deal and then become involved in negotiations to sell Lita (80% likely in my opinion). Not only that, but make a pretend bid for Graham Coughlan, who as soon as Sheffield Wednesday were interested, was only going in one direction.

In between all of this, make a ham-fisted attempt at announcing that your brand new stand, which forced many season ticket holders to move from their favoured seats, is now suffering a mysterious funding problem - when doing this, make sure everyone finds out via Doncaster Rovers website before you officially announce it yourself.

If I was Steve Lansdown I think I would make my forum site "read only" for the whole season because I can see one or two of the more excitable forum users giving him more than his fair share of stick for what appears to be happening right now.

Archived