IGNORED

Does The Club Lose Money On Purpose?

If I own two seperate buisness but are unrelated in what they do.

If one loses three million in one year and the other buiness makes a profit

of three million in one year

Is any tax payable?

Any accountants out there?

If the businesses are Ltd Companies (i.e not Self Employed) and both are unrelated then they pay their own Corporation Tax.

What's the point of the question ? blink.gif

If the businesses are Ltd Companies (i.e not Self Employed) and both are unrelated then they pay their own Corporation Tax.

What's the point of the question ?  blink.gif

I think NTTDS was trying to find out if one company could offset its loses again the other in a round about way?

If you know that this is not possible then you have answered the point of the question, well from NTTDS point of view?

So here come the conspiracy theories....so now you are suggesting that BCFC is being used by our board of directors & chairman as a tax write off...get real! Besides there are other ways to get tax breaks than dealing with the baggage that comes from running a football club.

Or was your question relating to Carduff & Sam the man? dunno.gif

Guest BeNeRz

Is any tax payable?

dunno.gif <--- has 3 brain cells need to make clearer sense <--- dunno.gif

Is any tax payable?

There are tax breaks which can be had from owning a loss making business, yes.

Do you really think that's why Steve L and the board would be throwing money at City? I certainly don't!! There are an awful lot of loss making organisations out there and nobody in their right mind would take on a football club for financial gain in any way shape or form!

There are tax breaks which can be had from owning a loss making business, yes.

Do you really think that's why Steve L and the board would be throwing money at City?  I certainly don't!! There are an awful lot of loss making organisations out there and nobody in their right mind would take on a football club for financial gain in any way shape or form!

You have just totally contradicted yourself my friend.

You have just totally contradicted yourself my friend.

I'm not sure how and I have re-read....

Perhaps you misunderstood my point.. I was stating that whilst owning a loss making company may allow you tax breaks, no businessman is going to select a football club to use for this purpose.

This is a high publicity and very labour intensive (without salary) business to own and somebody after a loss making company is far more likely to select one that would make no waves and require very little input.

Without having the accounts in front of me, I am unable to check, but the shareholdings may also not be conducive to good tax planning... In a company like Bristol City Holdings, the shares are owned by multiple people meaning that you cannot just "do as you please" and increase/decrease shareholdings "willy-nilly".

Is any tax payable?

Yes it can be done but there has to be a holding company in place which there isnt in this instance so no Hargreaves Lansdown are not using Citys tax losses

Archived