IGNORED

Some Warchest!

Ian M

• Admin

Assuming the Leroy figure to be somewhere around the £1m mark that has been reported so far, it now appears that Tins has brought in around £1.5m this Summer whilst not spending a single penny (fee-wise) thus far.

Having missed out on Coughlan we still have a sizeable amount of cash available to us for Tins to go out and buy the commanding defender we crave.

I know Nelson recently signed an extended deal, but how often have we seen players do that and leave just weeks later. For example Vernon at Oldham this Summer and Barnard at the Gate in seasons past. All it means these days is "bigger fee". If we could use some of the money raised from the Summer's sales to bring in someone of Nelson's quality then I believe the effect on the overall team will be better than had Leroy stayed.

Up front we would appear to have enough quality to challenge still with Brooker & Stewart being as good as anything this League has to offer. Cotterill & Gillespie should be perfectly capable of covering for any absences Stewart suffers but there is possibly scope for signing a lump as cover for Brooks.

I know that many season tickets were sold on the basis that we were led to believe Leroy would be staying and that capacity was reduced, but if the incoming money is used wisely and improves our team as a whole then I think the majority will accept this.

HOWEVER, IF the board decides against making any of these monies available for team strengthening then I suspect we will see vast swathes of very disappointed, disillusioned and downright angry supporters who will demand answers. I, for one, will count myself amongst their number!

Archived