IGNORED

Leadership What Leadership

Red Robin

ranting.gif Personally it seemed Leroy was going but the hardest thing for me to get my head round is why sell Heffs.

If the club new Leroy was off then we should have kept him at all costs.

It really does make me wonder what is going on in the ASHTON GATE boardroom.

If the Stewart situation had not materialised we would be in sh** street.

If Leroy goes every penny should be given to tinman to strengthen the squad again.

Yes we have the best striker by a mile in this division in stewart and probably the best target man in brooker but we now lack depth up front if injury sets in.

Personally the board should have gambled with Leroy and met Reading wages and if we did not go up this year then let him go, I believe he would not be able to walk for nothing next season as he is under age.

Tonight the club has showed real signs of a lack of ambition in getting this club out of this hell hole of a divsion. ranting.gif

ranting.gif Personally it seemed Leroy was going but the hardest thing for me to get my head round is why sell Heffs.

If the club new Leroy was off then we should have kept him at all costs.

It really does make me wonder what is going on in the ASHTON GATE boardroom.

If the Stewart situation had not materialised we would be in sh** street.

If Leroy goes every penny should be given to tinman to strengthen the squad again.

Yes we have the best stricker by a mile in this division in stewart and probably the best target man in brooker ut we now lack depth upfront if injury sets in.

Pesrsonally the board should have gambled with Leroy and met Reading wages and if we did not go up this year then let him go also I believe he would not be able to walk for nothing next season as he is under age.

Tonight the club has showed real signs of a lack of ambition in getting this club out of this hell hole of a divsion. ranting.gif

Not alot we can do about it is there. Shall we all jump off the clifton suspension bridge now RR????

No AMBITION!!?

Or that Lita changed his early pre season stance of staying and found that he could earn more, play in a better league and boost his england prospects.

I'm as gutted as everyone else, but from the minute the contract negotions broke down he was always going to be off.

that:

A) the board were stupid to sell heff before lita had signed a contract

B) the board believed lita would sign a new contract

c) the board were silly enough to believe a footballer with an agent when he said he would sign a new contract

d) the board didn't believe heff was as good as we all thought he was.

E) Reading have made a very good offer

F) the club is very desparate for money

G) some of the above

H) all of the above

I) none of the above

Or that Lita changed his early pre season stance of staying and found that he could earn more, play in a better league and boost his england prospects.

I'm as gutted as everyone else, but from the minute the contract negotions broke down he was always going to be off.

Exactly what I said last season.

LL was 'our' season & I reckon saved BT's job.

I said that he would want to improve his England prospects & once around other players would want more.

Leroy has lied to BCFC and the fans.

No he hasn't - he's done what any of us would do which is take advantage of an opportunity to better himself - Reading can offer championship football, a higher profile and more money, it's a step up for him whatever way you look at it. It happens all the time at all clubs, players want to play at as high a level as possible - a professional footballers career can be ended by one bad tackle, so they need to make the most of it while they can.

Maybe he said he would stay before the offer came in, maybe he didn't - either way he was hardly going to say "I like it here but I'll be off if I get a better offer" - would you say that to your boss ?

There are more conspiracy theories on here tonight then there were about JFK !

blink.gif

there was always the jan transfer window, he could have stayed and scored 12-13

a prem club could have came for him with big money, we would all have settled

for that.

Big money for a player with only a few months left on his contract? Get real.

No he hasn't - he's done what any of us would do which is take advantage of an opportunity to better himself - Reading can offer championship football, a higher profile and more money, it's a step up for him whatever way you look at it.  It happens all the time at all clubs, players want to play at as high a level as possible - a professional footballers career can be ended by one bad tackle, so they need to make the most of it while they can. 

Maybe he said he would stay before the offer came in, maybe he didn't - either way he was hardly going to say "I like it here but I'll be off if I get a better offer" -  would you say that to your boss ?

There are more conspiracy theories on here tonight then there were about JFK !

blink.gif

I'm not getting too involved in the 'any of you would do it' arguement after I think I made myself pretty clear after Anyinsah chipped off... But...

NO WE WOULDN'T! If I work for 'Company A' that has given me the opportunity, developed my talent and pays me well I WOULD NOT chip off as soon as Company B offered me a higher profile, higher paid job.

As Malone keeps reminding me, most pro footballers are blockhead mercs by nature so I expect it but please don't just come up with the 'we'd all do it' ballbags!

IF he's said he wants to stay and then IF he goes for more money etc. then he deserves to get some stick!

Archived