IGNORED

Lets Just Hope

cidercity

So you think with last years defence and without lita goals we will be what ?

challenging for a top two spot or maybe half way but i personally think we will struggle.

Last season as some one has said LL saved tinnions arse and i just hope he has learnt from it, but i have my reservations.

So you think with last years defence and without lita goals we will be what ?

challenging for a top two spot or maybe half way but i personally think we will struggle.

Last season as some one has said LL saved tinnions arse and i just hope he has learnt from it, but i have my reservations.

Yes obviously we are going to be relegated, without Litas goals, it's obvious isn't it. Lita is a proven Goalscorer at every single level he has played at, he's done it in the top flight of English football enough, he's a great player who has and will score goals whereever he's been.

mabye i'm getting Lita mixed up with a proven striker we have at this club. :/

Yes obviously we are going to be relegated, without Litas goals, it's obvious isn't it.  Lita is a proven Goalscorer at every single level he has played at, he's done it in the top flight of English football enough, he's a great player who has and will score goals whereever he's been.

mabye i'm getting Lita mixed up with a proven striker we have at this club. :/

Yes but lita has scored 29 goals at this level i will wager you a bet marcus don't get 29 goals at this level different type of player.

Yes but lita has scored 29 goals at this level  i will wager you a bet marcus don't get 29 goals at this level different type of player.

If Lita had have stayed i would have wagered that he wouldn't have got 29 goals, he was a new prospect, an unknown quantity last season, teams have had a year to watch him, see how he plays and work out ways to mark him out of the game, which isn't incredibly hard for descent defenders as Lita has got bugger all pace, but at this level his speed of thought was so much quicker then the defenders he could get a big enough start to cancell out his non existant pace.

Stewart is PROVEN at every level, he has been there and done it. brooker is PROVEN at this level can and should get 20 odd a season at least

Lita is UNPROVEN at any level, and if he bags more than 15 for Reading next season i will be surprised as i don't think he will do that well at all, if he is given time and coached properly then he will be evry good, but as it is he runs on instinct and little else, give him time to think about what he was doing and he's miss the easiest of chances, leave it all down to instinct and he's stick it in from whereever he was.

Which is why i think Reading is a poor move for him, for the good of his carrear he'd be better off going to someone like Crewe as Dario Grady would teach him and coach him to be a quality striker, as it stands Lita has the instinctive ability to score goals, which can't be taught, but he needs to be coached how to finish when it's not instinctive which is a lot of the time, as a fair few instinctive strikers fail even though they have natural ability above many players at much higher levels, but they rely on that all the time and do not learn how to finish when time is given.

What the hell is wrong with our defence? We had one of the best defensive records in the league last season! Now that has been strengthened by the addition of Matt Heywood.

Some people are frickin mental!! Struggle my arse!

yes your right stewart is a differnet type of player Stewart will create goals more for others then lita did.

he could score more than 30 if he stays fit, if i was betting id bet for him to get 20+.

Our denfece has been improved a bit with the signing of Heywood.

I do hope your right and he gets 20+.

I'm not so sure our defence has been strengthened with Heywood as every time i'v seen him lets just say he ain't been that good.

Just go on the swindle site and see what they think, they are happy he has gone.

What the hell is wrong with our defence? We had one of the best defensive records in the league last season! Now that has been strengthened by the addition of Matt Heywood.

Some people are frickin mental!! Struggle my arse!

I think youv'e got your facts wrong there just go back and read what youv'e written.

Me thinks you had better take a look at last seasons league table before you tell me I'm wrong.

Only the top 3 teams had a better defensive record than us.

Sorry have not got them in front of me. Just one question then why is everyone on here saying our defence was crap last year and why are we trying our hardest to get new defenders in?

Sorry two questions.

if or when leroy does go its bound to weaken the squad.

stands to reason, if you let a young kid go, having scored 29 goals on one season, its bound to weaken a squad. Yes we have brought some good players in, but at the expense of a good striker and they are hard to find unless you got millions to spend.

i for one think we need all the quality players we can get.

its a long season and with the transfer window now in place, if stewart or brooker gets injured we will be knackered

talk of relagation is riddiculous, but selling your best players don't help get you promoted either

banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

Sorry have not got them in front of me. Just one question then why is everyone on here saying our defence was crap last year and why are we trying our hardest to get new defenders in?

Sorry two questions.

Here you go http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match...20050622,00.htm

Tony Butler was not replaced after his surprise sale last season and we are getting more defenders to make our defence even better. Nothing wrong with wanting to improve is there?

Our defence was poo last year. it had to be because with two strikers scoring 50+ goals between them and one of the best defences in the league we would have been TOP.

Leroy scored 24 goals in 44 apps.

Brooker scored 16 in 33.

So 40 not 50+, and we've still got Brooker whose goals per game ratio is similar and we paid alot less for him than Reading are offering for Leroy. biggrin.gif

if or when leroy does go its bound to weaken the squad.

stands to reason, if you let a young kid go, having scored 29 goals on one season, its bound to weaken a squad. Yes we have brought some good players in, but at the expense of a good striker and they are hard to find unless you got millions to spend.

i for one think we need all the quality players we can get.

its a long season and with the transfer window now in place, if stewart or brooker gets injured we will be knackered

talk of relagation is riddiculous, but selling your best players don't help get you promoted either

banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif  banghead.gif

Relegation is a distinct possability when we keep selling our best players.

I personally think Danny coles is not long for this club either. (i have no sauce just a gut feeling)

I stand to be corrected if we spend some of the monies we have recieved recently on at least two decent new players but then whats the point of selling in the first place, better the devil you know.

Archived