IGNORED

Its Not Like He Is All That

Guest marcclifton

Guest marcclifton

Well i have always thought this. Leroy is a ok player, and he does seem to score a few goals, but lets be honest about the lad. He has not got a patch on Andy Cole when he was with us. I also think there of the same sort of age when they were with us. If fact he is not even in the same league. Now he was a player with real class, big, powerfull, fast, skillfull. Leroy will be missed, but not that much. Well done SL, take the money and run. We could do with it. New stand or lita, emm new stand me thinks. With brooker and stewart we will walk out of this league. We also have other forwards. And isnt this the aim of a club like ours, bring em through, sell em on for a decent price. It is not too often this happens, and i think the money will help out alot. Will help keep the club i love up and running.

Andy Cole is a European Cup winner. There are very few in "his league" when he was at his peak.

You can hardly blame Leroy for that.

May I repeat that he scored 29 goals last season, so that OK player contributed plenty.

We'll be a poorer team without him, and the board are certainly showing a lack of ambition over this one.

Andy Cole is a European Cup winner. There are very few in "his league" when he was at his peak.

You can hardly blame Leroy for that.

May I repeat that he scored 29 goals last season, so that OK player contributed plenty.

We'll be a poorer team without him, and the board are certainly showing a lack of ambition over this one.

City may be poorer without him, they may not.

It's a team game and we've yet to see whether the team will be weaker or not.

29 goals? Not that many in the League was it.

Didn't Leroy fail to score in about half the League games he started?

2 points ....

1) if lita is an OK player then god help the rest of the team

anyone who sores 29 goals in his first full season as a first team regular aint bad in my book ! dance.gif

2) the new signings over the summer are promising, with the obvious plus of marcus stewart. selling leroy now will undo some of the good work Tinman has already done in getting these players into the club.

the team WILL be weaker without lita. goal scorers are not easy to find in any league. he is young, fast and knows how to put a ball in the net.

to say that he only scored in half the games he played in may be true statistically, but he scares the S@it out of defenders just by running towards them.

i know we are going to struggle to keep the best players untill we can get into the championship, but we need to keep them to get us there in the first place for crying out loud.

ranting.gifranting.gifranting.gif

Well as i just said in another thread, lucky we've still got Brooker then.

16 in 33 last season is almost on a par with Leroy's 24 in 44 League goals per game ratio.

Stewart will score heavily in this league too.

Can't see where the panic's coming from myself, good deal for the City.

You're right, it was only 24 goals in the league - terrible !

And what you mean he didnt score in every game ? Were you seriously expecting him to score 46 goals in a season ?

At least you're consistant though - wasn't it you who said Leroy should only be used as a sub ? (because he only scores goals in the last ten minutes of matches apparently...)

###### me!

You somehow rated Roberts though!?! banghead.giflaugh.gif

You're right, it was only 24 goals in the league - terrible !

And what you mean he didnt score in every game ?  Were you seriously expecting him to score 46 goals in a season ?

Andy, you've lost me completely there. Where did i say i expected Leroy to score in EVERY game. dunno.gif

If you're going to make a habit of ranting at me, at least rant about what i say rather than your misinterpretation of it. sad.gif

###### me!

You somehow rated Roberts though!?!  banghead.gif  laugh.gif

You make a paltry yet repetitive contribution to this forum Swindon Hater.

Have you nothing else to say?

I couldn't care less if you think me rating Roberts while he was at at City is laughable, many other City fans rated him too.

Really is time you moved on though, i did a long time ago, and your continuing obsession with bringing Roberts up all the time is in itself laughable now. laugh.gif

You make a paltry yet repetitive contribution to this forum Swindon Hater.

Have you nothing else to say?

I couldn't care less if you think me rating Roberts while he was at at City is laughable, many other City fans rated him too.

Really is time you moved on though, i did a long time ago, and your continuing obsession with bringing Roberts up all the time is in itself laughable now. laugh.gif

I got to agree.

Swindon Hater; your one of the many posters on here whose views I actually look for, but, you do ruin it by dragging up Roberts as soon as one of the dubbed (by you) Roberts Luvvers posts a view you do not agree with.

It's about time you started to take comments on face value in the now instead of raking up that chest-nut.

Nogbad liked Roberts, I liked Roberts, about 200 posters stated quite clearly they liked Roberts; it ain't a crime; he was different. Not necessarily very good, but, different. Surely enough has now been said on the Swindon player hasn't it?

Guest Dorito

I agree with the original poster. Leroy is a class player in this division but could not hold a candle to Cole at the same age - I think this is good business for City.

Personally I think as a player he is most similar in Barry Hayles. If things go as they should I can see him having a similar sort of career.

Also I have heard Leroy described as 'lightening quick' a few times on here. Well I got news for you Reading fans - he is quick but not lightening buy any means.

Andy, you've lost me completely there. Where did i say i expected Leroy to score in EVERY game. dunno.gif

If you're going to make a habit of ranting at me, at least rant about what i say rather than your misinterpretation of it. sad.gif

You were making the point that Lita failed to score in half the games he played in, as if this was somehow something to be ashamed of.

I was pointing out that you couldnt expect him to score in every game.

If you read what i've written (and you obviously haven't) i didnt say i was quoting you - I was making a sarcastic comment, suggesting it was unrealistic to expect him to score in every game.

Sorry you failed to understand that.

Well i have always thought this.  Leroy is a ok player, and he does seem to score a few goals, but lets be honest about the lad.  He has not got a patch on Andy Cole when he was with us.  I also think there of the same sort of age when they were with us.  If fact he is not even in the same league.  Now he was a player with real class, big, powerfull, fast, skillfull.  Leroy will be missed, but not that much.  Well done SL, take the money and run.  We could do with it.  New stand or lita, emm new stand me thinks.  With brooker and stewart we will walk out of this league.  We also have other forwards.  And isnt this the aim of a club like ours, bring em through, sell em on for a decent price.  It is not too often this happens, and i think the money will help out alot.  Will help keep the club i love up and running.

Have to say, I tend to agree with you. Of course City will be a poorer team without him, but every player has their price and I think that when you can pick up the likes of Brooker for around 200k, we should be biting their hands off for 1m.

Andy Cole's name was raised earlier in the thread. When City signed him on loan, it was clear that he was an exceptional and naturally gifted striker. Sorry, but I don't see that same raw potential in Lita.

Having said all of this, I'll be extremely annoyed if the board don't make some of the money from this transfer available to Tinnion.

Guest C.T.I.D
Christ, most forwards would kill for a 1 in 2 strike rate!

it's not even that......2 or 3 goals in 1 game against poorer opposition makes it look like 1 in 2 but in fact Brooker has a better goal to game ratio and i expect that to soar without Leroy about,Stewart is a smarter player,looks around for openings and less selfish.We'll be O.K without leroy praying smiley.gif

Same old story, Rosenior, Anyinsah, Hill, and now LL. City have no idea how to organise contracts, Lita should have been tied to a longer term contract ages ago, I am not saying he would then have stayed but it would have put us in a stronger bargaining postion. I cannot understand why at 20 he wants to go to Reading, just like the aforementioned it is down to parasitic agents who only benefit if players move on. I am prepared to predict 2 things, Reading will not get promoted, as they are at best a midtable Championship team and what ever percentage of the fee is allocated for transfers will be squandered on second raters. My optimism for the new season is fading like Citys ambitions, when players see Preston and Reading as bigger clubs their is no hope!!

Same old story, Rosenior, Anyinsah, Hill, and now LL. City have no idea how to organise contracts, Lita should have been tied to a longer term contract ages ago

You're absolutely right, how about a 10 year contract? We could also do this with 7 other players. What do you think? No harm can come of that surely?!?!

doh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gifdoh.gif

Archived