IGNORED

Nelson

Riaz

I'm absolutely gutted to find out we have agreed a fee for Leroy Lita, But fortunately unlike previous occasions when we have sold goalscorers, we will cope.

I expect we sould receive at least £1 million from the sale of Leroy (if not were being robbed). We should use this money positively........

We NEED a dominating centre half, and by all accounts Matty Heywood isnt quite that.

Therefore, we should now go and get the best centre half we can afford. I don't think we should spend the whole fee however.....

We should now do our best to get Michael Nelson at Ashton Gate - he's a youngish centre back, with years on his side. But more importantly, the guy is a brick wall! He makes few mistakes and he wins everything in the air. If we could get this bloke it would make up for losing Leroy.

Michael Nelson would give our team the defensive backbone it's lacked for a long time.

GO TINS BID £300,000 - it would be money well spent in my opinion!

thoughts??

I'm absolutely gutted to find out we have agreed a fee for Leroy Lita, But fortunately unlike previous occasions when we have sold goalscorers, we will cope.

I expect we sould receive at least £1 million from the sale of Leroy (if not were being robbed). We should use this money positively........

We NEED a dominating centre half, and by all accounts Matty Heywood isnt quite that.

Therefore, we should now go and get the best centre half we can afford. I don't think we should spend the whole fee however.....

We should now do our best to get Michael Nelson at Ashton Gate - he's a youngish centre back, with years on his side. But more importantly, the guy is a brick wall! He makes few mistakes and he wins everything in the air. If we could get this bloke it would make up for losing Leroy.

Michael Nelson would give our team the defensive backbone it's lacked for a long time.

thoughts??

Dream on he aint coming, why would he?

Guest PoolieAlbatross

thoughts??

You'd probably have to pay a lot more than £300K for Nelson - try at least 500K, possibly more. We are under no pressure to sell, he's just signed a new 3 year deal, and we're bringing in players with experience of a higher level. Only lost Westwood, so we're looking like challengers for Top 6 and maybe more - it will take a very good offer to persuade us to part with our best defender.

You'd probably have to pay a lot more than £300K for Nelson - try at least 500K, possibly more. We are under no pressure to sell, he's just signed a new 3 year deal, and we're bringing in players with experience of a higher level. Only lost Westwood, so we're looking like challengers for Top 6 and maybe more - it will take a very good offer to persuade us to part with our best defender.

Hows about 300k plus 200k's worth of add-ons - thats a huge amount of money for a club like hartlepool - no dis-respect!

I'd say he'd be worth it!

Guest PoolieAlbatross
Hows about 300k plus 200k's worth of add-ons - thats a huge amount of money for a club like hartlepool - no dis-respect!

I'd say he'd be worth it!

I'm afraid that you're mistaken on that front. Gone are the days when we had to take the first offer that came along for a particular player - our current backers are involved in the Oil Industry, have been around for a number of years now, and are quite happy to keep funding us. It took 800K for Ipswich to get Tommy Miller from us 4 years back, in the bad old day's we wouldn't have got a quarter of it.

They're businessmen - I expect they would sell if a good enough offer comes in - but I doubt 300K even with add-ons would cut the mustard. Double it and you might start getting somewhere. We do not need to sell, so it'll take something pretty spectacular to persuade our board to part with a prize asset. Gazareth - you're right that he's said nothing about wanting to leave, most of the trouble IMO was due to his agent, and in the interview on our Official Site he seems to be happy to have sorted it out and to be staying. From this end most of the links seem to be to Hull rather than Bristol anyway - incidentally, his agent also represents Peter Taylor.

Same goes for Boyd - saw the thread claiming he was signing for 500K. We'd want a lot more than that for him. I do wonder if we are preparing the ground for him going - there's rumours we are after Michael Bridges as well - but if he does, I expect it to be for a big fee and to a club at least a division higher.

The way things are looking, hartlepool will soon be a bigger club than us. So why would Nelson want to come here. They keep hold of their quality players and tie them down to contracts, namely Boyd and Nelson, unlike us who operate in the misconception that we are a big club. Ask Preston and Reading for their opinion.

Archived