IGNORED

Favourite Leroy Moment

Southport Red

Mine has to be Vale Park two or three years ago. We wer cruising at 2-0 and then went into meltdown. They scored one, we got totally panicky and with two minutes to go they equalised. All their supporters ran from one end of the main stand to the other to taunt us. Whilw they were on their way young Leroy Lita, who had only just come on as a sub latched onto a through ball a la Owen stylee and lobbed it over the goalie's head 3-2 City, the Vale fans had literally just started to open their mouths to taunt us when it went in.

This may be a sad thing to say but I don't think I have ever been happier than I was at that moment in time. We got kept back at the end 'for our own safety' that's how gutted the Vale fans were!

Sorry you are going Leroy but thank you for that moment - wonderful biggrin.gif

What's your favourite Lita moment?

Selfishly, presenting him with the PFA's Fans Player of the Month for September 2004 (See Avatar). They kindly gave me a large framed photo too, which of course I shall never, ever consider selling on Ebay when Leroy becomes a full England International and star of the 2010 World Cup.

Guest Moose
Signing for Reading.only joking.He has scored many a quality goal this season but his over head kick at home to,I cant remember.

Yeah, they using that goal on Skysports News this morning as the visuals to back up the "move to Reading agreed, subject to personal terms" story that's running every half hour or so......

For me though, his three goals away at Torquay were all good, then he limmped around for 10 or 15 mins having picked up a knock!!!

Moose.

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

the winner against port vale 2 or 3 years ago, or the winner against posh last season.... that shut those cockney wannabes up Hmm, I bet there's a smilie on here that conveys laughter but I'm too lazy to look for it. city.gif

Archived