IGNORED

Lita - Free Transfer

Tim S

With Lita on his way out for an undisclosed Fee (probably around the £500-700k mark), I think the board could have made a HUGE mistake - even if Lita didnt sign a new contract with us.

Okay, here is something to think about.....Would you rather....

a) City turn down Readings offer for Lita. He stays, but doesnt sign a new contract. He scores another sackful of goals and we get promoted. But at the end of the season, a team like Man City, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Fulham - one of the middle of the road Prem teams come in for him - he walks to them for free (even though we would be entitled to compensation becuase of his age).

But becuase we have got promoted we have made in excess of £5million in extra revenue but let Lita go for free.

b) We sell sell sell now - don't risk him going for nothing at the end of the season. Not get as much as we would like but we don't loose money on him. But, at the end of the season, we are in 3rd place - or even worse - 7th again and just miss out on Automatic promotion and miss out by loosing in the play offs. How would we have missed Leroys goals. But by not getting promoted - we miss out again on the jackpot of going up. So by making an "Undisclosed fee" for Leroy - we have actually made over £4million less than we could have.

I think I would rather go for a). Getting promoted is the aim, if loosing Leroy stops that, Id rather he went for nothing in a years time, than get something for him now.

But the sad thing is - its too late - he is going. I just pray this doesnt turn out to be a huge huge mistake.

With Lita on his way out for an undisclosed Fee (probably around the £500-700k mark), I see think the board could have made a HUGE mistake - even if Lita didnt sign a new contract with us.

a) City turn down Readings offer for Lita. He stays, but doesnt sign a new contract. He scores another sackful of goals and we get promoted. But at the end of the season, a team like Man City, Aston Villa, Portsmouth, Fulham - one of the middle of the road Prem teams come in for him - he walks to them for free (even though we would be entitled to compensation becuase of his age).

But becuase we  have got promoted we have made in excess of £5million in extra revenue but let Lita go for free.

b) We sell sell sell now - don't risk him going for nothing at the end of the season. Not get as much as we would like but we don't loose money on him. But, at the end of the season, we are in 7th place - or even worse - 3rd again and just miss out on Automatic promotion and miss out by loosing in the play offs. How would we have missed Leroys goals. But by not getting promoted - we miss out again on the jackpot of going up. So by making an "Undisclosed fee" for Leroy - we have actually made over £4million less than we could have.

I think I would rather go for a). Getting promoted is the aim, if loosing Leroy stops that, Id rather he went for nothing in a years time, than get something for him now.

I couldn't agree more. Thats what people mean by saying that City lack ambition by selling Leroy. We need players of his calibre to be at the club, and selling him shows that we aren't that commited to it.

I'll make an estimate that you are right, and we will miss out on promotion this season, whereas with Lita, I'm convinced that we will get promoted.

I like the option of c) but I don't think that any money coming in from the Lita sale will go back into the team. It just seams a co-incidence that they have announced the Lita sale the same day they make a statement about the stand.

If keeping Lita meant promotion was an absolute certainty, then it would be a no-brainer. However as the last few seasons have surely shown us, nothing is certain when it comes to Bristol City Football Club. Take the money while we still can, before we have another Aaron Brown on our hands.

The board are more concerned with making a quick buck rather than making us into a Championship team.

Marcus Stewart, whilst being an exciting signing, is 32. Leroy is 20. They'll both score 25+ goals. Marcus for the next two years, Leroy, if we go up for possibly the next 3-4 years.

Long term, his value will grow, he'll still score goals, whereas Marcus's won't.

Plus, I'll bet that the money won't go to Tins anyway.

I like the option of c) but I don't think that any money coming in from the Lita sale will go back into the team. It just seams a co-incidence that they have announced the Lita sale the same day they make a statement about the stand.

I'm with you on that one Elfmud, theres certainly something fishy going on this summer, I'm starting to feel that they have led us a merry dance what with there positive PR(lies) regarding Leroy and now the stand.

Lets just keep fingers crossed and hope LL does the unthinkable and rejects RFC.

With Lita on his way out for an undisclosed Fee (probably around the £500-700k mark), I see think the board could have made a HUGE mistake - even if Lita didnt sign a new contract with us.

But becuase we have got promoted we have made in excess of £5million in extra revenue but let Lita go for free.

are you sure that we would get compensation for him? because we didn't bring him up through are youth system we got him from chelsea. i have never understood how that would work confused-smiley-013.gif

are you sure that we would get compensation for him? because we didn't bring him up through are youth system we got him from chelsea. i have never understood how that would work confused-smiley-013.gif

The selling club is entitled to compensation for any player under the age of 24 who moves out of contract.

Archived