IGNORED

The Real Losers

Alex_BCFC

Guest Dorset Red
Just using you as an example of how we have doen well in the Lita deal. As I have always said, Swindon are not rivals, I don't mind Swindon. I just feel that maybe Swindon might be a tad disapointed that we are getting more for a 'one-season' wonder. Take it as a dig if you want- it's not though!

Two problems with your argument.

1 - We don't know what the Lita deal is worth

2 - We don't know what the Parkin deal was worth

Makes the rest of the discussion seem a bit pointless really doesn't it?

As far as other goings on at Swindon are concerned I think you'll find most Swindon fans are feeling happier and happier as the season approaches. The new squad looks to be a big improvement on the old one, even without Parkin. smile.gif

Guest Dorset Red
I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it.

I remember Lita's effort at the C.G.

It was arguably the only time he managed to break free from Jerel Ifil and YES, it was a truly brilliant effort from point blank range. It was matched by a brilliant save from Evans. Probably the highlight of the whole game.

Guest Dorset Red
li'l sharpy says SWINDON ARE A LOW RATED TEAM , even we finished above you  rofl2br.gif and with an unprofesionnal manager[no offense Tins] party-smiley-012.gif  party-smiley-003.gif  party-smiley-027.gif

YUP! Over the last ten games of last season, we WERE crap! Lost any chance of a play-off place owing to players who lacked passion, desire and commitment.

Who were the offending players?

Brian Howard - now gone to Barnsley

David Duke - probably joining Darlington

Sammy Igoe - gone to Millwall

Matt Hewlett - gone to Torquay

Grant Smith - joined you lot

Matty Heywood - joined you lot

Rory Fallon - still with us but now having serious competition for a place.

Every one of those departing players has been replaced by a new signing with greater talent and/or greater experience.

e.g. Cureton, Thorpe, Whalley, Smith, Shakes, etc, etc...

All things considered I don't think anyone who actually knew what they were talking about could really claim we have been losers this summer. Roll on August 6th

Oh dear I think our squad this coming season is better and stronger than it was at the beginning of last season.

Parkin's departure is the major factor here and ALL the other players we've lost have been replaced pretty well, if not better, by Andy King... We won't know how much we'll miss Parkin & Co until the season is under way

(same applies to you in regards to any player you've lost)

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

god more garbage being spouted from swindle AGAIN! city.gif whalley is over the hill as is thorpe and cureton.. the reason is that none of the players get on with king so thats why they left, he ouldnt even manage his own finances let alone a football team and i use that term 'football team' very loosely online2long.gif

I'll go against the grain here and say I think witrecent signings they have a strongerh their team than last year.

It appears that their manager (Whatever you think of him) has contacts throughout the game and puts thenm to good use

Guest things just got better

As the closed season has gone on town have more to look forward to than city cant wait to see the slagging off donkey haywood gets on this site when the season starts

picture the scene "the ball comes over from the corner flag into the city box and the smallest player on the park heads it in at the back post " rofl2br.gif

Guest The Groundwell Cider Red

only cos he rents himself out and looks desperate all the time, he may as well beg on his knees the way he acts banghead.gif

Guest Dorset Red
.. the reason is that none of the players get on with king so thats why they left,

Untrue. Heywood and Andy King are still big golfing buddies. Hardly sounds the relationship of two people who don't get on!

Heywood had been a Swindon a long time and felt he needed a change. Good luck to him.

As for Grunt Sniff. He had a few good games and now he thinks he's Pele! Don't get me wrong, he has a sweet left foot but there isn't much else in his locker! And whatever you do, don't let him take any penalties. He couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo from the penalty spot!

Guest STFCDude

I think letting Heywood go to Shitty is the best bit of business done by Andy King! Now, when we go down to the gate, we'll beat them by more than the 2-1 we managed last season!

Well done Heywood, you've gone to Shitty to give us a better chance of promotion! I hold my hat off to you sir!

Guest Ben Wah Balls
god more garbage being spouted from swindle AGAIN!  city.gif whalley is over the hill as is thorpe and cureton.. the reason is that none of the players get on with king so thats why they left, he ouldnt even manage his own finances let alone a football team and i use that term 'football team' very loosely  online2long.gif

That's just nonsense. Whalley is 31 and a superb player who has played a part in five promotions before and he's done extremely well in the championship and played in the premiership. Given a choice between him and Grant Smith I would take Whalley every time, he'd get in your side no trouble. Cureton is only 29 so again over the hill is ridiculous.

As for "none of the players getting on with King", you are well wide of the mark. Parkin got on very well with King and thats why he stayed so long, Heywood likewise has King to thank for rescuing his career. Hewlett, Robinson and Howard weren't even offered contracts.

And then you claim King couldn't even manage his own finances....we've made a profit from the players he's brought and sold and he's bought in 20-25+ goal a season strikers like Mooney and Parkin for a combined total of 50k and on one of the smallest wage budgets in the league. On a tight budget you will struggle to find any better managers than King.

Guest WillsbridgeRed
I think letting Heywood go to Shitty is the best bit of business done by Andy King!  Now, when we go down to the gate, we'll beat them by more than the 2-1 we managed last season! 

Well done Heywood, you've gone to Shitty to give us a better chance of promotion!  I hold my hat off to you sir!

rolleyes.gif you keep telling yourself that Jeb

Good luck next season with Heywood.....hopefully he'll play as bad for you as he was for us!

user posted image

one of my friends is a son of one of the coaches at ipswich and they paid out £750,000 for parkin with a clause included into this aswell.

cureton will be a fantastic for swindon , thorpe is good but nothing on what he use to be and he and curo are to similar.

wish swindon would actually do well, boring not having any local derbies

Archived