IGNORED

No Coughlan, No Lita (probably)

Guest fatherdougal

Guest fatherdougal

And three weeks to go. Am I right in saying that the FA now insists that all transfer dealing is done in the close season. Well this seems a fine time to be negotiating the top striker. Oldham have been raking in players left right and centre, Donny now have Thornton and Heff, only a few weeks back we were the Champions of 2006! Doesn't look that way any more to me.

And three weeks to go. Am I right in saying that the FA now insists that all transfer dealing is done in the close season. Well this seems a fine time to be negotiating the top striker. Oldham have been raking in players left right and centre, Donny now have Thornton and Heff, only a few weeks back we were the Champions of 2006! Doesn't look that way any more to me.

Have to agree with you mate, it looked like we were doing things right this year- getting players in early to give them a chance to bond, unfortunately all the good work is being undone and we now need new players who have no chance of settling properly before the season starts. Can't really blame anyone but we really do need to make a move in the transfer market NOW.

You are correct in that a transfer window now applies. I am more worried about the lack of cover for Steve Brooker than the impending transfer of Leroy. From my perspective we have very little pace in the team and without a target man to hold the ball up could struggle.

The fact that we have a preponderance of central midfielders, no real wingers (Murray is a liability unless he drastically improves upon last season) and have made a centre half a priority would tend to suggest we will play 5-3-2 with wing backs next season.

If Tins can get this to work and bring in a striker and another centre half we'll go close. Go with 4-4-2 and get an injury to Brooker and I think we'll struggle.

Archived