IGNORED

Season Ticket For Sale-as New

midland red

can anyone help, why is it that today i feel slightly cheated. i see other clubs in this division making signings that look fairly tidy and ambitious compared to some of ours.

WHY wasn"t lita touted weeks ago prior to 7000 season ticket sales?

WHY can this club not muster enough investment to build a new stand when others are building brand new stadia?

city sign stewart o.k., a quality player, but did we just get lucky. was this a case of the local boy wanting to finish his career at home with a nice two year deal on half decent money.

and i know before some start shouting about lita that once a player makes his mind up to go he will go, but surely an ambitious club would try to hang on to their top scorer for one more season if they were genuinely pushing the boat out for promotion.

i for one looked at the three pronged attack of lita,stewart and brooker and thought this is worth three and a half hundred of any ones money.

as for the new stand (Am I naughty or what!) up and brewery springs to mind, what is the board thinking do they really hope to attract top investors to the club if we are selling our best players.

perhaps its just the heat but i don"t feel as optimistic about the future as i did a few weeks ago.

yours midland red.

dunno.gif

Guest roejowland

*getting stewart is lucky, sure, chelsea were lucky to win the prem.

*if your only going to buy a season ticket because lita is here, you shouldn't call yourself a supporter.

*even the best clubs can't keep their best players. I'm sure everton wanted to keep rooney.

*new stand will be built. 1 day confused-smiley-013.gif

Guest WillsbridgeRed

*if your only going to buy a season ticket because lita is here, you shouldn't call yourself a supporter.

I'd rather have midland by my side at football - Who the hell are you?

Midland isn't Bristolian but loves City!

*getting stewart is lucky, sure, chelsea were lucky to win the prem.

Hmmmmm.....Stewart was quoted as saying there is only one club that he wanted to sign for and took a rather hefty pay cut for the privelage.....I think that made our job of securing him a whole lost easier!

If he chose to go on the open market then he most certainly would not be a City player now

Guest roejowland
Hmmmmm.....Stewart was quoted as saying there is only one club that he wanted to sign for and took a rather hefty pay cut for the privelage.....I think that made our job of securing him a whole lost easier!

If he chose to go on the open market then he most certainly would not be a City player now

why does that make it lucky though

Guest roejowland
I'd rather have midland by my side at football - Who the hell are you?

Midland isn't Bristolian but loves City!

i am the new messiah. Roe Jowland (work it out)

can anyone help, why is it that today i feel slightly cheated. i see other clubs in this division making signings that look fairly tidy and ambitious compared to some of ours.

Both you and I know why. biggrin.gif Also, I did kind of a assume when our top scorer wasn't on the front of my Dolman season ticket, and Steve Brooker was. wink.gif

WHY can this club not muster enough investment to build a new stand when others are building brand new stadia?

I wasn't aware we were short of funds for the stand - I thought Bristol City Council was responsible for this delay?

city sign stewart o.k., a quality player, but did we just get lucky. was this a case of the local boy wanting to finish his career at home with a nice two year deal on half decent money.

I'm not trying to sound ignorant or dismissive, but so? Of course it was him wanting to finish his career with City on a decent wage - He'd not make championship football again for more than one season, and he wants to play for his favourite club while he still feels he can contribute I'd expect.

and i know before some start shouting about lita that once a player makes his mind up to go he will go, but surely an ambitious club would try to hang on to their top scorer for one more season if they were genuinely pushing the boat out for promotion.

I get the feeling that it's gone a bit deeper than that, and before the last season was over they found out Lita wasn't happy at City and wants to move straight up. You can tell by the way he plays. His attitude on the field and cocky nature are indicative that he wants to be gone and in the prem as soon as possible.

i for one looked at the three pronged attack of lita,stewart and brooker and thought this is worth three and a half hundred of any ones money.

Me too, but I didn't think it'd happen. And it didn't. :\

as for the new stand (Am I naughty or what!) up and brewery springs to mind, what is the board thinking do they really hope to attract top investors to the club if we are selling our best players.

Not sure about this one - See earlier snip in my post for that.

perhaps its just the heat but i don"t feel as optimistic about the future as i did a few weeks ago.

Shame, because City needs their supporters to try to be optimistic as possible. I'm a fresh season ticket holder though, so I can talk. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

I`ll give you £100 for it, ohmy.gif (if its not near Neo) it will have to be £2.00 a week though as I am just a poor boy sad.gif over 52 weeks that will give you £4 interest

thanks for the offer glos boy but i actually got a p.m. this morning offering a substantial amount for said ticket, obviously missing the point i was trying make.

i have been following the city for a comparatively short time compared to some of the lads i go down with and they all tell me that year after year just when they feel the club is moving forward and ready to make a real challenge(not the playoffs), they get the rug pulled from under them and all they can say is "same old city"

now i really don"t want it to sound like i am a serial moaner who does nothing but critisize the club, but when i look at the division this season, apart from forest, i feel automatic promotion was extremely getable.

but when i see top players leaving that optimism gets less and less the nearer we get to Aug 6th.

Ambition is not a dirty word, surely having come close over recent seasons i feel the fans deserve a decent crack at it this year.

rant over.

yours midland red.

With the chairman you have at your hometown team i would have thought you were used to feeling shafted by the board midland!! Still at least you saw them win the european cup, hardly something you will see down the GATE!!!!!

thanks for the offer glos boy but i actually got a p.m. this morning offering a substantial amount for said ticket, obviously missing the point i was trying make.

i have been following the city for a comparatively short time compared to some of the lads i go down with and they all tell me that year after year just when they feel the club is moving forward and ready to make a real challenge(not the playoffs), they get the rug pulled from under them and all they can say is "same old city"

now i really don"t want it to sound like i am a serial moaner who does nothing but critisize the club, but when i look at the division this season, apart from forest, i feel automatic promotion was extremely getable.

but when i see top players leaving that optimism gets less and less the nearer we get to Aug 6th.

Ambition is not a dirty word, surely having come close over recent seasons i feel the fans deserve a decent crack at it this year.

rant over.

yours midland red.

Well said midland red i support you 100% word for word.

With the chairman you have at your hometown team i would have thought you were used to feeling shafted by the board midland!! Still at least you saw them win the european cup, hardly something you will see down the GATE!!!!!

unfortunately my dear pig this is a familiar story at a lot of sporting clubs world wide, where the supporters love for the club is sometimes abused by the people in charge. yes we will be there come the first game and every other game we can make, but this will not stop us from voicing the opinion that CITY should be plying their trade in a higher division.

yours midland red.

rant over.

yours midland red.

Of course you`re right, but 35 years of support has deadened the senses slightly. It is extremely frustrating but apart from a moan (and we don't half like to) there aint a lot we can do.

We pressumme the powers that be indeed have the welfare/survival of Bristol City as the number one priority; the top players that are leaving are only doing whats right for them and their families although a right pain we cant knock them for that.

Over the years I have to be really thankfull for the entertainment both highs and lows that B.C.F.C have provided I WOULDN`T OF MISSED IT FOR THE WORLD city.gif till I die.

Ambition is not a dirty word, but financial stupidity is.

What guarentee was there that we would get up ? we didn't do it last season, or the seaosn before that, or the one before that. We CAN NOT AFFORD TO GAMBLE 1 MILLION QUID ON PROMOTION, when we are 6 times that amount in debt.

We could not afford to keep Lita when it became apparent that he was not going to sign a new deal, we could not turn down 1 million quid when he will walk for nothing in the summer anyway, and if you thik he would have staeyd if we went up then you are clearly deluded, assuming he scored another shedload of goals he would remove the 1 factor that has prevented any big clubs coming in for him, the huge risk of buying someone who is currently a 1 season wonder. Had we gone up it would be a newly promoted prem side, or a top championship side dangling a huge singning on fee and a massive wage hike infront of him the would have got him. Because they didn't have to spend the transfer fee on him.

Taking 1 mill now is better than not getting anything if we fail to get up again, and better than loosing a player whose value would have gone up even more had we got up.

I don't think he was even "touted" this week. But we didn't need to tout him. His age and the number of goals he scored last season speaks volumes.

Surely it cannot have been much of a surprise that a Championship (or possibly Premiership) club with a rich owner would eventually get its cheque book out this summer and make Steve an offer he couldn't refuse.

why does that make it lucky though

Its lucky that a Championship some say premiership class player wanted to play for Bristol City and Bristol City only and that he was prepared to negotiate down from his no doubt lucrative last contract from Sunderland.....by all accounts there were several Championship clubs that would of been interested in offering him a much more lucrative contract then we probably have.

We didn't need to track the guy down, he made it clear in the press that he wanted to come to City it was then just a matter of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.......lucky? thats more than lucky!

If this whole Stewart thing did not happen then we would not of got a striker anything like the class of Stewart which would probably mean that now, with Lita going, we might well be have been struggling for an experienced, potent strickeforce.

Maybe Lucky is the wrong word....maybe fortunate is more apt

Knew this might happen, hence my season ticket was not renewed. I'm giving Tinnion 10 games to prove himself. Somehow I think he will be gone after this. And Lansdown will follow.

yours midland red.

dunno.gif

Ambition is not a dirty word, but financial stupidity is.

What guarentee was there that we would get up ? we didn't do it last season, or the seaosn before that, or the one before that. We CAN NOT AFFORD TO GAMBLE 1 MILLION QUID ON PROMOTION, when we are 6 times that amount in debt.

We could not afford to keep Lita when it became apparent that he was not going to sign a new deal, we could not turn down 1 million quid when he will walk for nothing in the summer anyway, and if you thik he would have staeyd if we went up then you are clearly deluded, assuming he scored another shedload of goals he would remove the 1 factor that has prevented any big clubs coming in for him, the huge risk of buying someone who is currently a 1 season wonder. Had we gone up it would be a newly promoted prem side, or a top championship side dangling a huge singning on fee and a massive wage hike infront of him the would have got him. Because they didn't have to spend the transfer fee on him.

Taking 1 mill now is better than not getting anything if we fail to get up again, and better than loosing a player whose value would have gone up even more had we got up.

No need to start being personal with the 'deluded' comments.... mad.gif

Get the facts right if you're going to rant and rave - he wouldn't walk for anything in a years time - we would have to be compensated and if you turn down a million pound bid - it shows someone was willing to pay that - I don't think it a gamble

to see if he scores goals for fun again this season....we all know he will. That can only add to how much we would have to be compensated by.

Archived