IGNORED

Leroy - Gutted!

Guest Kustard

Guest Kustard

I am so angry and upset with City to even consider letting Lita go. As far as I am concerned, promotion is far more important than any money we could get for him. With Lita and Stewart hopefully getting near 30 goals a season, surely promotion will be ours. Without Lita...I can't see it happening. Lita stated he was looking forward to playing with Stewart and I was looking forward to seeing them play.

We will be left with just Brooker, Stewart and Gillespie...what happens when we have injuries, suspensions etc etc. Okay we buy another striker, but where could we get one of Leroy's talent and goalscoring record...we couldn't without spending the money we get from him...so what is the point?!

We are taking a step backwards as a club by selling him. I know we have Stewart, but he only has a couple more years left in him...Leroy has 10-15. I am sick of City selling our best players and our youngsters...why can't we keep hold of a decent player just for once!!

I am gutted and have gone from totally optimistic about next season to feeling let down by the club and feel like they don't care about the fans anymore. I hope I am wrong.

Guest BeNeRz

1. He hasnt actully left the club yet.

2. It puts City in a strong financial position.

Tbh its either let him go now for how ever much we get or risk losing him next season for nothing

Guest Kustard

Tbh its either let him go now for how ever much we get or risk losing him next season for nothing

Right now I don't care if we lose him next season for nothing (that has happened enough times in recent years to many players...I am used to it!!). I think it is far more important to get promotion this season than any money we receive for him. We have been in this division for far too long.

Guest BeNeRz

We could around a million for him!

mate a million quid to a league one side is alot, its helps club out alot, we still have great players

Brooker ended on a massive high of 4 in 2 games, stewart going to be all fired up for his debut, sometimes the worst things can come good lets just see what happens aye.

I don't know why people keep saying this, Leroy would not leave for nothing! he is under 24, we would get a fee albeit probably less than we are getting now.

Besides if he had a good first half of the season he might attract even more interest and we might even get more!

However it is all ifs and buts so the board have to be sensible.

Guest BeNeRz
I don't know why people keep saying this, Leroy would not leave for nothing! he is under 24, we would get a fee albeit probably less than we are getting now.

Besides if he had a good first half of the season he might attract even more interest and we might even get more!

However it is all ifs and buts so the board have to be sensible.

Yup once again I'm wrong, i forgot about that!

But still we wudnt get alot 4 him

Guest Kustard
We could around a million for him!

mate a million quid to a league one side is alot, its helps club out alot, we still have great players

Brooker ended on a massive high of 4 in 2 games, stewart going to be all fired up for his debut, sometimes the worst things can come good lets just see what happens aye.

Yeah I know your right, I just can't help feeling gutted about losing our star player. It is true that Brooker was a better player and got more goals when Lita wasn't playing. I just wish we could have got a couple more seasons from Lita before he went...I suppose if we weren't in this division we would stand a chance of keeping our best players.

I'll still be there first game of the season...looking forward to seeing Stewart play...

As you say, we'll see what happens.

CTID

Guest BeNeRz

Yup bro, thats all we can do, i don't want him to leave as much as any other city fan, but i think that if hes going to go then now would be the time so we actully get a good deal for him.

I'm sure stewart n brooker will make a good partnership

But u never no lita mite even decide his heart lies at city...

Guest Kustard
Yup bro, thats all we can do, i don't want him to leave as much as any other city fan, but i think that if hes going to go then now would be the time so we actully get a good deal for him.

I'm sure stewart n brooker will make a good partnership

But u never no lita mite even decide his heart lies at city...

And if he did decide that he would be a hero forever!! Come on Lita...do a Steven Gerrard praying smiley.gif

I am so angry and upset with City to even consider letting Lita go.  As far as I am concerned, promotion is far more important than any money we could get for him.  With Lita and Stewart hopefully getting near 30 goals a season, surely promotion will be ours.  Without Lita...I can't see it happening.  Lita stated he was looking forward to playing with Stewart and I was looking forward to seeing them play.

We will be left with just Brooker, Stewart and Gillespie...what happens when we have injuries, suspensions etc etc.  Okay we buy another striker, but where could we get one of Leroy's talent and goalscoring record...we couldn't without spending the money we get from him...so what is the point?!

We are taking a step backwards as a club by selling him.  I know we have Stewart, but he only has a couple more years left in him...Leroy has 10-15.  I am sick of City selling our best players and our youngsters...why can't we keep hold of a decent player just for once!!

I am gutted and have gone from totally optimistic about next season to feeling let down by the club and feel like they don't care about the fans anymore.  I hope I am wrong.

Kustard - great to hear from you.

Albeit in a depressed mood.

I agree, I think that LL would have got another 20 + goals again & something we will desperately miss.

But it appears that it has been LL doing that instigated any move.

If he ain't got his mind on Div 1, then this could be best allround - albeit a big wrench.

wub.gif

Guest BeNeRz

I agree, I think that LL would have got another 20 + goals again & something we will desperately miss.

If he ain't got his mind on Div 1, then this could be best allround - albeit a big wrench.

wub.gif

Hope your rite, and he would be missed, but tehre will be some people who think hes a judas!

Guest Kustard

wub.gif

Sorry I was so depressed...I only seem to come on this forum when I need a moan...haha!! It helps get things out my system...a bit like therapy really!!

I'm still gutted about Lita and even more gutted bout Anyinsah...I was so looking forward to this season after the displays towards the end of last season. Anyinsah looked the most promising of all the youngsters. I just can't believe how small the squad is...what will we do with a few injuries/suspensions etc.

I am not looking forward to this season as much as I was a week or so ago...as seems to be the feeling with a lot of City fans. Such a shame that we can feel so happy one minute with some decent signings, only to be let down with losing our best players.

I don't think Lita had his heart on staying with us, but I'm still gutted he didn't stay, him and Stewart up front would have been lethal.

Oh well...lets see what happens and see if City spend the money from Lita wisely (or not at all as I suspect!!).

Hope to see you soon Richie.

Kustard

CTID

good comments from all

you can not expect to loose a 20 + goal scorer and not affect the team

we may get a milloin for leroy, but lets be honest here, how many transfer deals now include all the money up front ?

not many. they usually depend on appearances, goals, international calls etc.

reading have stiffed us like this before with murray. Reading wont play Goater anymore cause it means they have to pay Man city another £50000

besides if leroy stayed (though that looks unlikely now), we could go up this season, he would then be playing at championship level, and we both get the benift.

as usual, i expect his agent has seen a nice fat bonus cheque with his name on and pushed for this "in his clients best interest"

Steve lansdown is doing what the board feel is best for the club which is as it should be, but he has also said in the evening post that we wont panic buy. with the transfer window now, we wont be able to get anyone till after christmas if we don't do it now

there is still lots to be positive about, but i hope the lack of first team strikers doesnt bite us in the a#s come May next year

chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

Archived