IGNORED

Ben Foster To Man Utd For 1 Million!

BONDIE

Ben Foster was signed by Stoke from non-league side Racing Warwick for a nominal fee in April 2001. He has yet to make his first team debut for Stoke but in the last four years has spent time on loan at Tiverton, Bristol City, Kidderminster Harriers and Wrexham. It was during his stay with Denis Smith's Wrexham last season where he began to earn some major plaudits. The Dragons were relegated, mainly due to a hefty points deduction penalty, but they won the LDV Vans Trophy in which Foster was considered to be their Man of the Match. Such was his form it has been reported that both Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur have been keeping tabs on him. His first team chances at Stoke are currently restricted although should Stoke ever lose either Simonsen or de Goey then they have a highly promising goalkeeper waiting in reserve.

Strange considering he's never made the first team.

Is he worth it? I can bearly remember him on loan with us

Can't understand it really as last season I think it was Arsenal who offered £1m for a GK from Luton (Dean Brill I think) who hadn't played league football so why don't we get LARGE bids for our youngsters (Leroy excluded), is it because clubs don't rate our academy/youngsters?.

BCAGFC

P.s. Before anyone brings up Cole Skuse he was out of contract.

Can't understand it really as last season I think it was Arsenal who offered £1m for a GK from Luton (Dean Brill I think) who hadn't played league football so why don't we get LARGE bids for our youngsters (Leroy excluded), is it because clubs don't rate our academy/youngsters?.

How about:

500k for Phillips from Crewe after 2 games (although i am not 100% on that one)

400K for Fortune from Preston- he had barely played

500k for A.Brown from West Brom- after a season of uninspiring play

500k for Coles a couple of seasons ago from Cardiff

Archived