IGNORED

Paul Heffernan Selling ? + Possible Replacements

Red & Gold

Unless behind the scenes at your club is a total mess I honestly don't think they intended to sell Lita... The departures of Miller and Heffernan support this.

Alot of the names are probably good shouts for you expect the odd impossible mention (one of the Moore brothers has joined QPR) and the ones that simply won't happen (Mellor won't drop to League One)

You need pace up there now.

Good Point, it is another example of Citys lack of forward planning. Some of their organising of contracts leaves a lot to be desired, and has allowed some good players to leave the club. The failure to include a sell on clause in Andy Coles deal also springs to mind, at a loss sometimes to understand their amateur approach!

"That Wrexham striker" is Juan Agarte, and he's signed for a Championship club (don't recall which).

By the by, what's a "goat scorer"? laugh.gif

I think it was Crewe.

I was only expecting to see the name "Shaun" under that Goat heading biggrin.gif

Stewart-Brooker-Gillespie-Cotterill, and possibly Burborough[?] now on trial. Last season we had Miller and Gilly out on loan, and Heffs with splinters from sitting on the bench.

We have enough talent on the wage bill, with a stronger goal scoring midfield this season. Please , no more strikers !

• Admin
Stewart-Brooker-Gillespie-Cotterill, and possibly Burborough[?] now on trial. Last season we had Miller and Gilly out on loan, and Heffs with splinters from sitting on the bench.

We have enough talent on the wage bill, with a stronger goal scoring midfield this season. Please , no more strikers !

Just make funds available for a decent defender please boardroom....

Disagree with Rednready. We do need another striker with a proven track record. Neither Gillespie or Cotterill have proven themselves consitantly at this level yet and have not scored. If Stewart or Brooker had an injury or suspension we would need quality back up. If we are genuinely promotion contenders then squad must back that up. At the moment it doesnt. Lita's 29 goals taken out of the side is huge. Stewart and Brooker will score, no doubt but we need more than that.

Guest Red11
Disagree with Rednready. We do need another striker with a proven track record. Neither Gillespie or Cotterill have proven themselves consitantly at this level yet and have not scored. If Stewart or Brooker had an injury or suspension we would need quality back up. If we are genuinely promotion contenders then squad must back that up. At the moment it doesnt.  Lita's 29 goals taken out of the side is huge. Stewart and Brooker will score, no doubt but we need more than that.

Gillespie started in 1, yes 1 league game last season. How could he prove himself. During the season he had Brooker, Lita, Heffernan, Roberts and Cotterill to compete with and was loaned out twice to Cheltenham where he did well.

Cotterill had turned 17, was in his first season, and is already considered by most to be better than Murray

They will do very well with Stewart and Brooker, just remember we have a 6.6million debt. More wages and transfer fees we can do without. Luton made it with a small non famous squad, now its our turn .

Holt , Yeovil and Sheffield Wednesday have all enquired about him

News to me - we sold him to Rochdale in the first place. If you bid, bid big as we have a sell-on clause. Seriously, looked a bit "raw" when he was a Hillsborough, and he was playing Div 1 as it was then, but he's certainly banged them in in League 2.

Disagree with Rednready. We do need another striker with a proven track record. Neither Gillespie or Cotterill have proven themselves consitantly at this level yet and have not scored. If Stewart or Brooker had an injury or suspension we would need quality back up. If we are genuinely promotion contenders then squad must back that up. At the moment it doesnt.  Lita's 29 goals taken out of the side is huge. Stewart and Brooker will score, no doubt but we need more than that.

This time last yeat Lita was 'unproven' as you put it, if they don't get a chance how do they prove themselves?

Not true. Lita had made quite a few "supersub" appearances and notched on several occasions. He had also been prolific in the reserves and the academy. All I am saying is if Stewart had a long term injury I don't think we would have enough there to carry us on. Besides which if you recall Tins was looking for a striker (albeit a TM) before we sold Lita so I still expect a new striker signing.

So for arguments sake , say Brooker and Murray are injured at the same time, this leaves Stewart and Gilly up front while Cotterill covers for Murray. If you think this paper-thin squad will get promoted, you are having a giraffe mate!

Expect more signings.........and soon.

New forward (s) is a must call, no way can we rely on Gilly and Cotts logic says Brooks and Marcus will miss numerous matches through injury and suspension.

Pity about Heffs, though must admit back at the end of last season I thought Leroy was only 50-50 to be here in August, in hindsight it was a mistake to let Heffs go so soon.

Archived