IGNORED

Reasons To Be Positive

gazareth

So much doom and gloom around on here in the last few days, so I thought I'd take a look on the bright side.

1) Marcus Stewart. Stewart is a player that was, only a few years ago, being touted for an England squad place. He's been the top scorer in the Premiership and his 17 goals for Sunderland last season showed that he still knows how to put the ball in the onion bag. But more importantly, Stewart has been playing in the top 2 divisions for the last 10 seasons and his all-round game will be so much sharper than anyone else at Ashton Gate. Even he doesn't score, he will bring other people into the game and lay on chances for others. Additionally, he loves the club and wants nothing more than to get us promoted.

2) Alex Russell. I don't remember seeing him play, but Torquay's faithful are devastated to see him leave. Not only do they state that he has great vision and passing, but he is apparently a model professional. He is just the kind of man we need in our engine room to help influence our up and coming young players.

3) Scott Golbourne. He's only 17 but he hasn't put a foot wrong since coming into the first team last season. He plays like he's 10 years older and can only get better.

4) Dave Cotterill. He's energetic, enthusiastic, fast and skillful. Need I say more?

5) Cole Skuse & Scott Brown. These 2 are destined for higher things. At Hillsborough last season they complimented each other wonderfully: Skuse with his laid back style, eye for a pass and simply excellent reading of the game (the importance of tihs cannot be stressed enough as it is a skill that cannot be taught), Brown with his never-say-die attitude and direct approach. What's more they're both skillful and committed.

6) Steve Brooker. After years of watching the likes of Beadle, Torpey and Jones we finally have a striker who can play the big man role and also score goals. Brooker is surprisingly mobile for his size and is willing to run all day. Anyone who saw his performances in the last 2 games of last season will be confident that he will step up to the challenge of playing in the team without Lita, and he should prove an ideal foil for Marcus Stewart.

7) Matt Heywood. OK, so according to Swindon fans he's not the best player. But our problem last season was defending crosses and set pieces, and for this we needed to sign a big lump of a defender who could win the first ball and clear the lines. We've got that player now, and it's a relief to replace Butler who seemingly checked out after the playoff defeat in 2004.

8) Pre-season is nearly over. I'm sure that a large chunk of the negativity on here springs from boredom. But don't fear, the new season is only just over 3 weeks away! With 6 games in August we will soon be back in the swing of things - just imagine the atmosphere in Ashton Gate at 4.45pm on 6th August as we bask in the sun having watched Brooker and Stewart stitch up Doncaster smile.gif

Donny will be no push overs, they have made some decent signings. A real tough August; we will score goals just hope our defence is up for it unlike last season whistling.gif

Guest sprout1883

2) Alex Russell. I don't remember seeing him play, but Torquay's faithful are devastated to see him leave. Not only do they state that he has great vision and passing, but he is apparently a model professional. He is just the kind of man we need in our engine room to help influence our up and coming young players.

will be your player of the year

Well said that man!!! chant6ez.gif

Bout time we had some positive comments!!

Its better that some people look at the good points of players rather than pick up tiny points of weaknesses and make out though they are going to threaten everything!!

city.gif

So much doom and gloom around on here in the last few days, so I thought I'd take a look on the bright side.

1) Marcus Stewart. Stewart is a player that was, only a few years ago, being touted for an England squad place. He's been the top scorer in the Premiership and his 17 goals for Sunderland last season showed that he still knows how to put the ball in the onion bag. But more importantly, Stewart has been playing in the top 2 divisions for the last 10 seasons and his all-round game will be so much sharper than anyone else at Ashton Gate. Even he doesn't score, he will bring other people into the game and lay on chances for others. Additionally, he loves the club and wants nothing more than to get us promoted.

3) Scott Golbourne. He's only 17 but he hasn't put a foot wrong since coming into the first team last season. He plays like he's 10 years older and can only get better.

4) Dave Cotterill. He's energetic, enthusiastic, fast and skillful. Need I say more?

5) Cole Skuse & Scott Brown. These 2 are destined for higher things. At Hillsborough last season they complimented each other wonderfully: Skuse with his laid back style, eye for a pass and simply excellent reading of the game (the importance of tihs cannot be stressed enough as it is a skill that cannot be taught), Brown with his never-say-die attitude and direct approach. What's more they're both skillful and committed.

6) Steve Brooker. After years of watching the likes of Beadle, Torpey and Jones we finally have a striker who can play the big man role and also score goals. Brooker is surprisingly mobile for his size and is willing to run all day. Anyone who saw his performances in the last 2 games of last season will be confident that he will step up to the challenge of playing in the team without Lita, and he should prove an ideal foil for Marcus Stewart.

7) Matt Heywood. OK, so according to Swindon fans he's not the best player. But our problem last season was defending crosses and set pieces, and for this we needed to sign a big lump of a defender who could win the first ball and clear the lines. We've got that player now, and it's a relief to replace Butler who seemingly checked out after the playoff defeat in 2004.

8) Pre-season is nearly over. I'm sure that a large chunk of the negativity on here springs from boredom. But don't fear, the new season is only just over 3 weeks away! With 6 games in August we will soon be back in the swing of things - just imagine the atmosphere in Ashton Gate at 4.45pm on 6th August as we bask in the sun having watched Brooker and Stewart stitch up Doncaster smile.gif

Numbers 3,4,5 will be gone mark my words. Why would they want to stay with a club that has only one ambition and thats to stay where it is and 'shaft it's fans'.?

Go on then count me in for a bit of optimism!!! 

I was doom and gloom yesterday but no matter how much I moan it never changes things!! 

So yes I'm going to be optimistic from now on PROMISE!!!

Did you read this Robbo!!!????

PLEASE NOTE!!!!

Wow!!!

I was waiting for you to bring us all back down to earth when we were getting optimistic again!!

Fair play, i look forward to your opinions on how we are going to be going places in the future!!! And how we WILL be champions this year!! biggrin.gif

Wow!!!

I was waiting for you to bring us all back down to earth when we were getting optimistic again!!

Fair play, i look forward to your opinions on how we are going to be going places in the future!!!    And how we WILL be champions this year!!  biggrin.gif

Well Sirben yesterday I was down in the dumps and having a bad day at the office!!! (Note to self: Don't post at work)!!

On the plus sides after my rant yesterday (HAHA) Which seemd to get people debating!! We have some good young talent coming through such as Skuse, Gouldbourne, brown, etc and have made some good sigings for me the main two for me being Stewart and russel, not sure about Heywood?!

I so hope we do go up this season and Tins who in my ipinoin will be a great manager for us gets soem credit that a legend of the Gate deserves!!

There you go folks OPTIMISM!!! biggrin.gif

Still gutted about Lita and the new stand though!! razz.gif

Archived