IGNORED

Rovers Game

atyeomatt

Last Rovers game I went to was at Ikea(kinda shows my age that).

I hear that they have a new stadium since then - the Memorial is it called? biggrin.gif

I have just purchased 4 tickets for the terrace, all the seats having been taken. Anybody else standing? Should be a good crowd of us - I hope!

Also where is the best place to get a drink in the gas head side of town if your wearing a City shirt.

city.gif

Also where is the best place to get a drink in the gas head side of town if your wearing a City shirt.

city.gif

There isn't.

I'd avoid all the drinking holes on Glos Road if I were you

biggrin.gif  i ant going with shirt on, it ant worth the risk for a friendly!

With the shirt of our club on, I would expect to only get verbal abuse from the Sag Fans.

The menace would come when you wear a Stone Island or Henri Lloyd item of clothing to fit in with the Terrace Scene.

Also, What else are you going to wear to a Bristol Derby? Even if it is only a friendly.

With the shirt of our club on, I would expect to only get verbal abuse from the Sag Fans.

The menace would come when you wear a Stone Island or Henri Lloyd item of clothing to fit in with the Terrace Scene.

Also, What else are you going to wear to a Bristol Derby? Even if it is only a friendly.

Absolutely!! We have to remember that there is very little trouble in the modern game - even with the gas.

For a friendlyish pub I would suggest the Fellowship... possibly... it isn't the friendliest of pubs unless they know you to be honest, but it wont be any more unfriendly because of the game.

Guest MaloneFM
The Cafe at Southmead Hospital.  smile.gif

DOCTOR! None of that rough chap talk or you will be sitting next to Durden on the Pilgrim charabanc. And you know what he's like on buses....urp!

Guest DrFaustus
DOCTOR! None of that rough chap talk or you will be sitting next to Durden on the Pilgrim charabanc. And you know what he's like on buses....urp!

Rog - I'm not going to the game. The humiliation of being seen in public with an ageing, camp, old incontinent like yourself would be too much for my fragile soul to bare.

As for pre-match boozers for you red heathen, try the Cabot, the Anchor or the Forresters. You're guaranteed a warm welcome, especially if you sing your oh-so-humourous city ditties.

Guest DrFaustus
"As for pre-match boozers for you red heathen, try the Cabot"

Are you sure Dr? I heard it's full of rough-necks!!

sad.gif

Jovial cheeky chappies, BB.

I say we all meet on Horfield Common with portable barbecues, lashings of ginger beer and cucumber sandwiches. (With the crusts cut off naturally). After our pre-match fodder, what say we then adjourn to the Stadium of Mediocrity and enjoy the festival of sport from the lavish surroundings of the West Stand Enclosure?

Either that, or there's a Scooby Doo quadruple bill on UK Gold.

Guest Tom B

do you think it will have the usual don't care friendley atmosphere? or will it be more like a proper match? How many city fans is going roughly? How much does the standing up area hold, cus thats were i am?

Guest DrFaustus
As long as it's a Scrappy-free zone, I'm up for that...

blink.gif

The Faustus household is a peaceful one BB. As for the other type of Scrappy.... that was the end of Scooby Doo in my opinion. That irritating little smart-arsed yapper impinged on Scooby's inate coolness.

The Banana Splits was better anyway.

"Size of a hippopotamus". (Not a reference to Dollymarie's arse)

"The Banana Splits was better anyway."

It's danger island next!!!

That was one of my favourites, with the flashing blade!!

"You''ve got to fight for what you want..."

Silly Frenchies!!

smile.gif

Watch out it's the Sour Grape Gang! Nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Guest DrFaustus
"The Banana Splits was better anyway."

It's danger island next!!!

That was one of my favourites, with the flashing blade!!

"You''ve got to fight for what you want..."

Silly Frenchies!!

smile.gif

Then the three Musketeers with the ludicrous Toolie. I'll never forget the one where he was challenged to a sword fight by a monkey. They say that the sixties and seventies were lost in a haze....sword fighting monkeys, 4 spaced out animals of indeterminate type presenting a hippy-dippy show etc. Whatever next? A magic garden where a dog zooms about fet eating 'sugar' and his friends include a snail with attitude, a stoned rabbit, a bouncing control freak and a cow with psychosis?

Oops done that. Time for bed Florence.

Guest MaloneFM
Rog - I'm not going to the game. The humiliation of being seen in public with an ageing, camp, old incontinent like yourself would be too much for my fragile soul to bare.

Come on doctor-give it to me straight-oo err missis... blink.gif

Guest SuperLew26

There is a pub called in on the green oposite horfield sports centre!! I doubt you will get any trouble in there although sporting a city shirt in any pub over the blue side of town you cannot garauntee no trouble!!

Archived