IGNORED

For Sale

Grandad48

Could the selling of these players, and the delay on the new stand be:

getting rid of some of the debt so that the club can be a more viable proposition for a potential purchaser of BCFC.

Perhaps they have had enough and want to get out.

Just thinking out loud, Intersting thought though. dunno.gif

Guest C.T.I.D
Could the selling of these players, and the delay on the new stand be:

getting rid of some of the debt so that the club can be a more viable proposition for a potential purchaser of BCFC.

Perhaps they have had enough and want to get out.

Just thinking out loud, Intersting thought though. dunno.gif

and SteveL stepping back from some duties,could they be fed up with failure?

well success doesn't come from selling your best players and not offering extended

contracts earlier banghead.gif

Not to mention a first team squad half the size it was a year ago, a million and a half recouped from player sales and very little spent.

I don't think it necessarily follows that means the club is up for sale, but it does look as if Steve L's warnings about the financial price to be paid for losing that Play Off final are proving very accurate.

While I accept that the debt is a reality, and needs addressing, I hope we don't go so far down the line of balancing the books that we lose sight of what has to be the most important thing for this club - from a financial and footballing point of view - and that is promotion.

I think there was a strong financial case to be made for selling Leroy, but the selling must stop now, and I really hope that some of that money can go on bringing in the players we still need. We have the nucleus of a good squad, but we need to be adding to it, not selling off our best assets cheaply.

Guest thatchermeup
Surely the important thing is to make sure we always have BRISTOL CITY F.C.

If we have to sell all our assets to make sure this happens then so be it!

here here city.gif

Guest C.T.I.D
Surely the important thing is to make sure we always have BRISTOL CITY F.C.

If we have to sell all our asses to make sure this happens then so be it!

no way.....that's too much

I think there was a strong financial case to be made for selling Leroy, but the selling must stop now, and I really hope that some of that money can go on bringing in the players we still need.  We have the nucleus of a good squad, but we need to be adding to it, not selling off our best assets cheaply.

Unfortunately i fear that this is not the case after watching Tins on bcfc world. He said there is no money and we'll have to get players in on loans/ free's. crying.gif

It seems we have all been strung along to get season ticket sales up.

Guest marcclifton

is this not a part of life being a small club. We are not doing that well when it comes to the money side of things, and if you have good players, teams who are doing better than you at the current time will come in and make offers on your best players. No one thinks any different when this happens at other clubs. What i cant understand is why a lot of posters are making such a fuss about this. This happens to teams all the time. And BCFC is no different It is my feelings that these are the aims of a club like ours. Bring em through young, make a nice profit on top. The season has not even start yet, ang the moaning and scare mongering is already here in full effect. I feel no matter what the board try and do, there will be those among us who will look for some kind of deeper meaning, and use what ever it is to of load their feelings of anger, low self worth, low self esteem etc, etc. Then what tends to happen is lots of other posters buy into it, and this site becomes a very negitive place to come. One thing i know is true, the management team at Aston gate want the best for this club, and are trying really hard to get it right, thats right from the top, down to the bottom. If i was Steve L, i would of walked away along time ago. The man really does take some crap for trying hard to do the right thing. I think back to the 1980.s when we very nearly went under, we are in a much beeter state then back then. But many of our supporters do not want to see anything that is even in the least bit possitive. They are not on the look out for anything that might be of this nature, just more to add to the negitive fire that burns from with in. Then finding somewhere to off load their issues, like this place. My feeling is that its there already. It is not all down to the club. My message is to the poster of this is, i understand that you have as much right to put forward what you wont in writing, but how usefull do you feel that your post was. Do you see it as something that has a possitive or negitive effect. My view, and it is only ever that, is that your post does not serve to provide much pozssitive feeling, and from reading the posts that followed, it seemed to have a quite negitive effect. Everyone as a right to express how they feel, but at what cost to the club. disharmomy will kill this club and bring it to its end. The seeds of this are already in place, and i feel that without knowing this, alot of the customers of this club are giving this the water and space to grow. If suppoting this club is such a painfull experience, then my sugesstion would maybe take some time out for a while and try something new Yes i expect a negitive outcome form this post from a few posters, but hay, i am cool with that.

Archived