IGNORED

Wake The Giant

Guest redrum

Where does he say we are going out to break the bank ?? all SL says that the acadamy is starting to blossom which will bring a lot more competition for places.

Not once does he say we are going to go out and spend money we do not have.

Also lets not forget that with out SL and Laycock then city probably would be in administration by now!

Whatever this man says he has my backing for keeping OUR club afloat and trying to put us back on a stable financial footing.

Redrum you are out of order on this one! :PC_Plod: :PC_Plod:

There is no suggestion of a "Risdale" here, SL is thinking about how he (and we) CAN PUT THE CLUB ON A HIGHER LEVEL! How can this be criticised?

More power to him, let's give him all the support he needs. :D :Party27: :Party27:

Now, if only we can get him to start with the commercial department.........

He has

• loaned the club money against it's assets
  • recently voted against penalaties for clubs that enter administration
  • just stated that 100 years of club history isn't satisfactory and he wants to "gamble" on glory

I fear you may all be being fooled by him. Let's see what happens when in 5 years there's no glory, high wages and the risk had failed. I bet he wants his part of the ground to clear his loan

I maintain that it is not one mans responsibility to risk this club, not even the chairman's

Got to say I'm with the man.

As I understand it he is the largest BCFC shareholder, the rest of the board also making up a significant majority share holding.

A Chairman leads, true in businesses of football and elsewhere.

Obviously SL is into BCFC for "personal gratification", he is certainly not in it for financial gain or to fill up spare time. I believe he has sufficient integrity not to deliberately risk all without first calculating the odds to be favourable, I also don't believe he would wish to see his own investments deminish entirely. As an aside, I think it's likely he's a fan and would like to see the club prosper.

You may not like SL's tactic and have every right to debate it, and, through the board, seek to have him removed as chairman should you feel strongly enough. SL, however, certainly has the right to lead this club forward whilst he is chairman and has the backing of the board.

Can you name a club that hasn't borrowed against it's assets? (Other than the Mancs maybe)

Only those that have some rich benefactor probably.

This is standard business practice and really no different to those of us who have mortgages, the only problem comes when you have negative equity (see sadly broke) or you can't afford the repayments (see Leeds Utd).

Give him more credit please!

Guest alex_mike

steve lansdown is a great guy he dosen't deserve any stick he has put alot of money into this club over the years he had 2 get an extra £100,000 to get wilkshire and miller he also put £100.000 into buying roberts (that was a gamble but it has payed off) and now we should get robins for free as he has been let go by rotherham so we should get him for free. Just lay off the man he will get us out of the finace side of it.

alex cockburn

Rule number 1 - you do not risk the very existence of the club. How can you all ignore this risk?

I also don't agree that City need SL. What we need is someone who can take hard decisions that benefit us as a business. If that means short term we need to sell TD and DC then do it, then restructure and come back as a profitable club in the same way that WBA have.

Rule number 1 - you do not risk the very existence of the club. How can you all ignore this risk?

I also don't agree that City need SL. What we need is someone who can take hard decisions that benefit us as a business. If that means short term we need to sell TD and DC then do it, then restructure and come back as a profitable club in the same way that WBA have.

Surely the goal has to be to improve the sporting ability of the club. Whilst I agree that BCFC has to be sound as a business it surely must also be ambitious as a sporting club.

I believe the two go hand in hand, without ambition support would lose interest and slowly drift away. Football however is not just about business, share holders are aware of this (or ought to be, otherwise they deserve to be parted from their money).

Sorry still don't read that as gambling so much that we have a risk of going bust. Steve would never let that be one of the risks if he did any gambling.

I say it's about time we really made a proper push to force this club up a level, we've been festering round here for too long it's time for the players to really show they wanna get promotion. there should be tougher punishment for players not giving 110% for the club out there on the pitch.

Surely the goal has to be to improve the sporting ability of the club. Whilst I agree that BCFC has to be sound as a business it surely must also be ambitious as a sporting club.

I believe the two go hand in hand, without ambition support would lose interest and slowly drift away. Football however is not just about business, share holders are aware of this (or ought to be, otherwise they deserve to be parted from their money).

I think that this what Steve is getting at and also links to the thread on here about City having too many similar standard players.

Reading between the lines, he want's excellence (or near as damn it) Quality before quantity. Those that are satisfied with the average aren't going to like it, but whats wrong with a bit of (tempered) ambition?

Streamline the club and the team and pay for the quality that will move us up a level. :D:clap:

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Lets wait and see what happens shall we, either there;s going to be big changes ect ect of things stay more or less the same but with more begging for money from the fans

About Bloody Time, I'm sick of Division 2, sick of mickey mouse teams, mickey mouse cups, and mickey mouse teams. :D

Ever sice I started supporting this Club, its always threatened to become a big club, but for various reasons it aint. :Confused13:

WE should be a Div 1 club, and its good to hear some else say it. If players and or manager aint good enough, get rid, and start bringing through talented youngsters, plus a couple of QUALITY older players, just Man Ure did a few years back. And no I'm not comparing City to Man Ure. But we should be comparable to at least half of the Premier League, and 1st Division, with the area, and existing number of fans!! (almost 40,000 to the Mickey Mousee Cup Final!!) :huh:

Provided the club aint risked by overspennding on players and ground, more power to ya elbow Mr L. :Party27: :Party27: :Party27:

Over to you Dan, my boy, and your UNDERPERFORMING team, sort it out!!! :clap::clap::)

Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Gamble with the club

I'm sorry but I think SL is making a big mistake. Do we really want to be a club in administration in 5 years time?

Is everyone happy for us to take a risk short term??

... and where exactly does it say anything about gambling or taking short-term risks in the article? ... Wake the Giant

The word investment appears three times so I expect that's what Steve is actually talking about, don't you?

You're way off course on this one rummy!

Archived