IGNORED

The Right Way To Leave

RedTop

Have to say Leroy is a credit to himself, in my opinion. If he had to leave, he couldn't have done it much better.

1. He left for a good fee!

2. He gave 100 per cent in every game he played and never acted the big time Charlie.

3. He clearly genuinely values the City fans, and that Oscar-style 'thank you' to us all sounded pretty genuine to me(sorry, no-one bother replying that if he valued us he'd stay - I value City fans too, but I put my career and my family's prospects ahead of them as well!)

4. He clearly remembers and appreciates everyone who has helped him on his way, right down to the guy who picked up the phone and had faith in him when he was down and out after being rejected by Chelsea. Nice touch, that.

In my opinion, the lad has his head screwed on. He's left us with as much dignity as he can, and I genuinely wish him all the best. He strikes me as honest and down to earth. I hope he makes his fortune in the game and manages to retain those qualities. I'll enjoy watching his progress elsewhere, particularly if he gets sold on and we pick up a nice juicy sell-on fee. praying smiley.gif

P.S. Noticeably absent from his Oscar-style thank you speech: One Mr Danny Wilson!

• Admin
Have to say Leroy is a credit to himself, in my opinion. If he had to leave, he couldn't have done it much better.

2. He gave 100 per cent in every game he played and never acted the big boy Charlie.

3. He clearly genuinely values the City fans, and that Oscar-style 'thank you' to us all sounded pretty genuine to me(sorry, no-one bother replying that if he valued us he'd stay - I value City fans too, but I put my career and my family's prospects ahead of them as well!)

4. He clearly remembers and appreciates everyone who has helped him on his way, right down to the guy who picked up the phone and had faith in him when he was down and out after being rejected by Chelsea. Nice touch, that.

In my opinion, the lad has his head screwed on. He's left us with as much dignity as he can, and I genuinely wish him all the best. He strikes me as honest and down to earth. I hope he makes his fortune in the game and manages to retain those qualities. I'll enjoy watching his progress elsewhere, particularly if he gets sold on and we pick up a nice juicy sell-on fee.  praying smiley.gif

P.S. Noticeably absent from his Oscar-style thank you speech: One Mr Danny Wilson!

I think you'll find that Mr Wilson was covered by memories of his worst experience at Ashton Gate Brian. innocent.gif

2. He gave 100 per cent in every game he played and never acted the big boy Charlie.

In my opinion, the lad has his head screwed on. He's left us with as much dignity as he can, and I genuinely wish him all the best. He strikes me as honest and down to earth. I hope he makes his fortune in the game and manages to retain those qualities. I'll enjoy watching his progress elsewhere, particularly if he gets sold on and we pick up a nice juicy sell-on fee.  praying smiley.gif

Correct chant6ez.gifchant6ez.gifchant6ez.gif

I'm not unhappy about this transfer at all. Its worked out best for everyone.

I think you'll find that Mr Wilson was covered by memories of his worst experience at Ashton Gate Brian.  innocent.gif

Yes, not mentioned by name but I suspect Leroy may have had him in mind when he mentioned that.

Still, look who's had the last laugh. He's proved DW about as wrong as he could be.

In the space fo ten months without DW holding him back, he's miraculously gone from a fringe squad player left out for the Big Game to a £1m player. Makes you wonder who else could have made it (and us a fortune!) if DW had had a bit more vision with the youngsters. But that's another thread, I guess...

He did this with a certain amount of class, credit to him for that.

He could have strung out contract talks to Xmas and walked for half that or seen out his contract and gone for less than 100k at a tribunal.

Disappointed to see him go, but good luck to him, he's not Bristolian, owes us no special loyalty and he has never made a secret of his ambitions.

Nibor

Fair play to the lad, and I wish him all the best for the future. Far from being the finished article, as has been said above he's gone from being a reserve player to winning a move to a higher placed club for a very large amount of money (no installments either - one bulk payment).

I hope he does equally as well as he did last season for us, as he will then start to attract attention from the Premiership teams (mid-table - above), and then that £1m fee will at least double, making us even more money.

I bet Wilsons sat at home now wondering who he could have signed for £1m.......(although I doubt that all of that fee will be put back into the playing side of things).

At the end of the day, we still have Brooker and Stewart, who should get 40+ goals between them anyway. Add Russell, WIlkshire, Cotterill, Gillespie into the mix, then we're not going to be far short of goals.

He did this with a certain amount of class, credit to him for that.

He could have strung out contract talks to Xmas and walked for half that or seen out his contract and gone for less than 100k at a tribunal.

Disappointed to see him go, but good luck to him, he's not Bristolian, owes us no special loyalty and he has never made a secret of his ambitions.

Nibor

No, we only picked him up from the scrapheap and gave him the platform to make a fortune, he owes us nothing.

No, we only picked him up from the scrapheap and gave him the platform to make a fortune, he owes us nothing.

We paid him to do a job, he did it and did it very well. For putting him on that platform we got 29 goals and £1million - do you seriously think he owes us more than that?!?

Nibor

2. He gave 100 per cent in every game he played and never acted the big time Charlie.

Yes he does act the big time charlie ,arrogant aitn the word mate ,friend in work met him and he was trying to talk to him but just blaned him totally!

Good riddens!!

He is a football player not a customer service agent.

He has done a fantastic job for Bristol City FC and has done us proud. He has tremendous prospects ahead of him and with this step up it will help him get closer to the illustrious premiership.

He can only get better from now, he is a fantastic player and I am confident he can make it in the division up. Hopefully an even bigger club with good coaching spots him and takes him on because he has enough potential to go a long way.

Taking notice of the fans and the club means a whole lot and I hope all these messages of approval for him gets passed on in some way so he can focus even more on his main goal.

Good luck Leroy and thank you for all those goals! Hopefully we will see you in an England shirt again soon englandsmile4wf.gif

Guest MaloneFM
All the best Leroy and good luck. I just wish someone would pay me double my salary for doing the same job.

You wish someone would pay you a decent salary for doing a proper job more like.

Waster.

Yes he does act the big time charlie ,arrogant aitn the word mate ,friend in work met him and he was trying to talk to him but just blaned him totally!

Good riddens!!

Does your mate talk to everyone that comes up to him then?

Just because someone is well known doesn't mean they have to talk to everone!!

Completely agree with all you've said Red Top (as usual when it comes to footballing matters!)

Sad to see Leroy go but with us still in this division it was inevitable. We've got a fair price and a sell-on and can't ask more than that.

These Reading fans had better enjoy him while they've got him because in a year or so's time they'll be in the same boat that we now find ourselves in - he's too good for them too!

He's the best young striker I've seen since Andy Cole, and maybe even better than him. Good luck Leroy!

Archived