IGNORED

Even Arsenal Lose Top Players

Maesknoll Red

• Admin
Yes but thats because hes 29 and Wenger will use the money to get a very good replacement who is younger

Not according to Vieira, he's left for a new challenge (heard that somewhere before......) its acknowledged that he wants to win the Champions League, so the assumtion is that he feels Juventus offer him a better chance of realising his ambition.

Until the financial madness of modern football crashes, money and the opportunities that it offers will continue to lure players away.

• Admin
Viera has given Arsenal the best 9 years of his career and then made them £15 million profit, not much of a comparison methinks

10 Million profit, but whose splitting hairs ( Cost £3·5M from Milan, Juventus paying £13·75M ).

Although as a percentage, the Leroy profit is more, as he cost nothing.

It wasn't posted as a comparison, more a statement of fact, players will move where ever and when ever they feel it suits their career, just as I and many others on here have done.

Get ready for the next young hopefuls packing their bags as well, if we don't get promoted this season.

Not according to Vieira, he's left for a new challenge (heard that somewhere before......) its acknowledged that he wants to win the Champions League, so the assumtion is that he feels Juventus offer him a better chance of realising his ambition.

Until the financial madness of modern football crashes, money and the opportunities that it offers will continue to lure players away.

However, there has to be a club (or rich Chairman) willing to pay the price!

Juve and Reading have both taken expensive gambles.

Reading have taken no gamble at all really - Madjeski paid from his own coffers, no loan - gratis. 

In that sense, the gamble is Madjeskis - but it's like you or I gambling a few quid I suppose (assuming you aren't worth millions of course).

Nice to see a club showing some ambition to get out of the league they're in, shame ours dosen't.

Archived