IGNORED

Bcfc Sold Andy Cole To Nufc For £1.8 Million

Mr Mosquito

Selling Leroy Lita to reading for £1 million might seem a good deal now but remember that some people at BCFC thought £1.8 million was a good deal for Andy Cole when he proved to be worth over 4 times that a few years later. Did we get a decent sell on clause put on Lita's Reading contract?

Time to close the BCFC 'Judas' mentality academy now our prize horses have now bolted?

Selling Leroy Lita to reading for £1 million might seem a good deal now but remember that some people at BCFC thought £1.8 million was a good deal for Andy Cole when he proved to be worth over 4 times that a few years later. Did we get a decent sell on clause put on Lita's Reading contract?

Time to close the BCFC 'Judas' mentality academy now our prize horses have now bolted?

Not sure of the details but I do know that the current board members still shudder at the memory of the Cole deal and lack of foresight to include a sell on clause. SL has mentioned many times that this mistake will never be made again so I'm sure we have a good clause. Of course that will mean nothing if he runs out his contract and leaves on a free!

Not sure of the details but I do know that the current board members still shudder at the memory of the Cole deal and lack of foresight to include a sell on clause. SL has mentioned many times that this mistake will never be made again so I'm sure we have a good clause. Of course that will mean nothing if he runs out his contract and leaves on a free!

He will be 23 when his contract runs out though which means that compensation must be played if he decides to leave

andy cole was worth that much because he was playing in a team that included premiership quality players. city, at the time, were the equivalent of, say, watford today. 1.8 million was a gret deal for cole, the problem was the lack of a sell on clause. if we only had a 10% on cole, we would have made 600,000 of the man. utd deal, and a further 700k from the man u to blackburn deal.

now leroy is playing for a club with a higher profile, more money and better players, i fully expect his value to go up in a few years. i imagine we would realistically have around 20-30% sell on, plus appearances, goals, caps, promotion bonuses, so we could make a killing off the deal.

as a comparison, leroy will probably turn out to be akin to nathan ellington, who was bought by wigan for about 2mill but is being quoted as being worth at least double that now.

People have been talking about a 40% sell on clause. Can't see it myself but it would be nice.

Let's hope that a 40% sell on clause has been negotiated on BCFC's behalf. I'm fed up of BCFC being ripped off by buying dodgy players and selling the decent players we have got way below their market value.

Thank you so much, please pay particular attention to my right big toe - I stubbed it while racing to the bar for my third pint this afternoon  biggrin.gif

Ok dear, and sorry for coming out of the kitchen to type my messages to you, please don't take away my rations!

Dollymarie

Archived