IGNORED

Crazy Or What !

Guest maccer1

Guest maccer1

What other club would get rid of 3 decent strikers all at once when central defence and midfield were the problems last term. I know Tins has addressed the midfield issues and wants to add another defender, but where are the goals going to come from?

A lack of pace up front do concern me. Tins can do worse than go for both Boyd and Nelson.

Is there anybody out there who thinks we are good enough for a top two finish with the current squad.

Guest maccer1
The defence was 4th best in the division last season, so not that bad.  The problems have always been at set pieces and the signing of Heywood will alleviate that a bit.  One more centre back and the defence should be ok.

Where are the goals going to come from ?

Look back to last season when Brooker wasn't here and Lita was only just being given a chance. Where were the goals going to come from ?

The goals will come via Brooker (better strike rate than Lita), Stewart, Cotterill and Gillespie I would hope.

I totally agree with your opinions regarding the defence.

I rate Brooker highly and would expect a good return from him, I know stewart has been there and got the T-shirt and all that but will he give us a good return. I hope he does but its a case of lets see. I`m not convinced of Cotterill he does nothing for me and Gillespie needs to be given a chance.

Lack of pace still concerns me though.

Guest Moose
What other club would get rid of 3 decent strikers all at once when central defence and midfield were the problems last term. I know Tins has addressed the midfield issues and wants to add another defender, but where are the goals going to come from?

A lack of pace up front do concern me. Tins can do worse than go for both Boyd and Nelson.

Is there anybody out there who thinks we are good enough for a top two finish with the current squad.

Even Tinman doesn't think the current squad is enough - news on the offical site suggests four more players being needed - 2nd goalkeeper, central defender, striker and "another player", a wide left sided player, hopefully..... praying smiley.gif

Despite what BT is saying, there must be at least £125k available as funding, going by the previous Coughlan offer, so I think the "no funds, we need frees or loans" is a bit of spin to keep other clubs thoughts off the the £1m cheque that's just come our way down the M4.

If BT can pull something out the hat I'll be well chuffed......

Archived