IGNORED

"why Preston ? - Why Reading ?"

richieb

Good question.

Why are we losing players with potential ?

I see that BT believes that Reading was not right for Lita

And that Joe Anyinsah "Should be with City - not Preston.Is that ambition,him going there?"

So why is it these players want to move on?

- Financial ?

- Ambition ?

- To become better players under different coach's ?

Is it that they don't see the set up at AG as being progressive enough to fulfill the huge potential.

The Manager believes that Anyinsah & Lita have shown little ambition ?

But both players believe they can become better players elsewhere.

So are we lacking ambition as a club or is the coaching available not good enough to develop the individual skills.

Ok, all players want to play at the highest level, and this can't be offered at present, but they have gone one league up & somewhere we are hopefully going to be 2006/07.

Why not stay & fulfill their ambitions at the club that has brought them so far?

dunno.gif

Or do we know ?

I reckon that Tinnion is a bit miffed himself at the way money comes before the playing staff.

I'm actually starting to admire the way he is running the club, after being a staunch advocate for his removal last term. I still think Tommy Doherty should be a Bristol City player, but Tins seems to be trying to build something.

Like alot of us he seems to agree that we are lacking ambition as a club, but especially with players.

Anyinsah, Hill and Lita haven't bettered themselves too much in my opinion. Preston and Reading have done well to get to the upper reaches of the Championship, but with players like that, Tins managment, and the coaching of a couple of experienced heads I think we could have got there too.

Those players will find it hard to find a move to a Premiership club in my opinion, because their clubs will want to keep them, and will find it easier to keep them than we would have.

In a couple of years, I'm convinced that we'll be at least their equals anyways, and I'll be proved right.

The article that you took that from is spot on, Tins is totally right.

I'd say they both moved for the money, phrases like: "this move can only improve me as a player" are par for the course.

To be fair to Lita though, he's probably been told by Peter Taylor that if he wants to play for England U21's he needs to be playing championship football.

Anyinsah could do a Rosenior but I suspect he will jump out of our first 16 (ie on the bench) into Preston reserves.

Guest TauntonRed

I think Brian is doing OK, but he must be getting pretty p****d off with the fact that we have sold Leroy, Paul, Lee, and Tommy, and has not been given the money to strengthen his team.

On paper the squad looks a lot lighter now than it did at the beginning of last season, and I think we will struggle to get into an automatic promotion position because we haven't got the strength in depth, but let's remember what going on here before having a go at BT.

if the academy isn't doing a good job then why are other teams taking

our young best players.so we must be doing something right.

LL and JA are young players who haven't got the patience to develop

their skills at our club. they want it now and can't wait. MH did give us

a few seasons so we don't begruge the move he did. JA hasn't played much

for the first team ,but he has been at city for a long time.LL gave us

a great season last time but money and a higher standard of football

had won on the day.also kept his agent happy. BL..DY AGENTS banghead.gifbanghead.gifbanghead.gif

we can still get promotion this season with out them and the money generated

will help to buy us some more players.

I think Brian is doing OK, but he must be getting pretty p****d off with the fact that we have sold Leroy, Paul, Lee, and Tommy, and has not been given the money to strengthen his team.

On paper the squad looks a lot lighter now than it did at the beginning of last season, and I think we will struggle to get into an automatic promotion position because we haven't got the strength in depth, but let's remember what going on here before having a go at BT.

Having a go at BT ?

I am asking the same question as BT.

Why do we lose players with potential.

And Marcus Stewart apart - we seem to sign players who are from clubs that are below our current league position. ?

Leave tinnion alone, its hard to turn down players choices if they want to leave

my starting 11 would be this next year.

1. phillips

2. goldbourne

3.smith j

4. coles

5. bell

6. wilkshire

7. murray

8. smith g

9. heywood

10. brooker

11. stewart

bench

cotterill

skuse

russell

lee peacock(hopefully)

gillespie

Leave tinnion alone, its hard to turn down players choices if they want to leave

1. phillips

2. goldbourne

3.smith j

4. coles

5. bell

6. wilkshire

7. murray

8. smith g

9. heywood

10. brooker

11. stewart

bench

cotterill

skuse

russell

lee peacock(hopefully)

gillespie

We'll forget the fact that Lee Peacock left for Sheff Wed last year, that we released Bell at the end of last season, and the fact that you've included 3 full-backs and no coherant formation, shall we?

If BT leaves, I think we've got a prime candidate for our new manager. dunno.gifdoh.gif

1. phillips

2. goldbourne

3.smith j

4. coles

5. bell

6. wilkshire

7. murray

8. smith g

9. heywood

10. brooker

11. stewart

bench

cotterill

skuse

russell

lee peacock(hopefully)

gillespie

Your winding us up !!! dance.gif

Bell !! Peacock !!

Leave BT alone, well if you are one of his supporters - god help him !!!

Guest sprout1883

Lack Ambition. Going to a club in a higher division. Don't know about Joe A but Lita will start every week at Reading? would he do that at a Prem club?

Of course all this coming from the same Brian Tinnion who stayed at Bristol city for 11 years

1. phillips

2. goldbourne

3.smith j

4. coles

5. bell

6. wilkshire

7. murray

8. smith g

9. heywood

10. brooker

11. stewart

bench

cotterill

skuse

russell

lee peacock(hopefully)

gillespie

it would be very interesting playing heywood in centeral midfield laugh.gif and mickey bell has left

Guest BeNeRz

1. phillips

2. goldbourne

3.smith j

4. coles

5. bell

6. wilkshire

7. murray

8. smith g

9. heywood

10. brooker

11. stewart

bench

cotterill

skuse

russell

lee peacock(hopefully)

gillespie

I think your couple years behind buddy..

Peacock rofl2br.gif

God help this man^^

Bell well, i would have liked him to still be at city, thought he was past his best but always new he would do his best for the club and was a great servant.

Still cant get over your team, since when did matty h have number 9 rofl2br.gif

Good question.

Why are we losing players with potential ?

I see that BT believes that Reading was not right for Lita

And that Joe Anyinsah "Should be with City - not Preston.Is that ambition,him going there?"

So why is it these players want to move on?

- Financial ?

- Ambition ?

- To become better players under different coach's ?

Is it that they don't see the set up at AG as being progressive enough to fulfill the huge potential.

The Manager believes that Anyinsah & Lita have shown little ambition ?

But both players believe they can become better players elsewhere.

So are we lacking ambition as a club or is the coaching available not good enough to develop the individual skills.

Ok, all players want to play at the highest level, and this can't be offered at present, but they have gone one league up & somewhere we are hopefully going to be 2006/07.

Why not stay & fulfill their ambitions at the club that has brought them so far?

dunno.gif

Or do we know ?

A good provocative post from Richieb. Preston NE were easily the best club in the land in the 1888/89 season when they did the Championship and FA Cup double but it's now year 2005 and Preston are now 100+ years out of the superclub bracket. Reading have always been nobodies. Therefore a poor move for Lita, Hill and Anyisah in joining those clubs. Reading and Preston are not rated much above BCFC in current footballing terms - in this respect Tinman is right to criticise their Judas act in betraying BCFC - i.e. the club that nurtured them.

We're going up this year with Marcus Stewart spicing our attack and with Matt 'Yul Bryner' Haywood helping with defence cool.gif So who needs the ex-BCFC academy Judas trio?

A good provocative post from Richieb. Preston NE were easily the best club in the land in the 1888/89 season when they did the Championship and FA Cup double but it's now year 2005 and Preston are now 100+ years out of the superclub bracket. Reading have always been nobodies. Therefore a poor move for Lita, Hill and Anyisah in joining those clubs. Reading and Preston are not rated much above BCFC in current footballing terms - in this respect Tinman is right to criticise their Judas act in betraying BCFC - i.e. the club that nurtured them.

We're going up this year with Marcus Stewart spicing our attack and with Matt 'Yul Bryner' Haywood helping with defence  cool.gif  So who needs the ex-BCFC academy Judas trio?

Just in case you are not aware of it football is a transient game with players constantly moving. Indeed movement both to & fro is not a unique phenomenom involving just Bristol City.Transfers are very much part of this competitive entertainment industry.Pick-up any daily newspaper & read the back page....surprise,surprise, transfer news or speculation.Watch Sky news, on the right handside details of all the "ins' &"outs" for the Prem.clubs.

Simply put it is part & parcel of the game, we are excited about some of our new captures, Reading fans no doubt are excited about Leroy's arrival, P.N.E. fans may not be excited but more so interested to see Ayinsah is all about.

Reading, "nobodies", seems to me they have prospered pretty well over the last 5 years,mso too P.N.E. : their supporters last season were no doubt hoping with some justification that the Premiership was looming. Let's hope we can be "nobodies" in a year or two competing alongside them on the field & with similar crowds!

A "poor" move for them.......poor? Certainly not in the salary stakes,part & parcel of their moves will be new & probably longer term contracts at increased levels. The John Ateyo & Terry Paine era is long gone,they are not Judas's,they are simply exercising their right to move their skills and talents,just like Richieb or Red Goblin or myself can. "Poor move" any individual who is willing to move from his comfort zone & challenge himself at a higher level has my respect.A year ago Carey did, he quickly realised that it was'nt ideal for him. Lita.....a bigger stage beckons,somewhat similar to Kieth Curle in the 80's. Ayinsah, an interesting one, I suspect we could well him figure in a loan move at some time.

Criticism of Tinnion or our clubs training & development, not one bit, remember Lita is the guy who went from zero to a million in 60 weeks principally because of Tinnions faith in a guy deemed not good enough for even the subs bench in May last year.Ayinsah one suspects opportunities were on his horizon under Tinnion,kind of feel we may not have seen the last of him.......ala Carey & Murray.

remember Lita is the guy who went from zero to a million in 60 weeks principally because of Tinnions faith in a guy deemed not good enough for even the subs bench in May last year.

......exactly, Lita has repaid Brian Tinnion's faith in him by going to Reading just after Tinnion has offloaded two rival strikers - Heffernan and Miller. Surely, setting aside all Lita's business and personal development angles, that was bloody tight. mad.gif Brian Tinnion always favoured Leroy Lita up front last season over everyone else culminating in Lita being recognised by England's Under 21's.

Let's hope Marcus Stewart, Brooker and Gillespie can deliver for us next season - the Tinman deserves promotion success.

Archived