IGNORED

Players Leave For Money !

rayer

This ambition talking stuff doesn't rub off on me.

They have a career spanning about 15 years if you are lucky.

They can either spend 4 years on £1k or a bit more a week, or go to a club for 3 years on £9K or more a week.

You do the math, I will come up with every excuse in the book to go to a job paying that type of wage difference.

We are all human, and we don't go to work because we love it do we !!!!! biggrin.gif

They should come out with truthful lines like

' The money they offered was crazy, I had to move and go for that, I'd be rich !!!!'

laugh.gif

That is true, but I think in Leroy's case the step up in standard and the possibility of premiership football was a big motivating factor, probably even more so than money.

Even when he was with us, Leroy hinted at his desire to get back to the premiership (where he may well belong in the long term) and best of luck to him in those aims; let's face it, he could have stayed with us for his whole career and we probably wouldn't have provided him with that sort of opportunity

Guest roejowland
We are all human, and we don't go to WORK because we love it do we !!!!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

work, love it. thats a good 1 rofl2br.gif footballers love their jobs and if they don't they have serious problems.

We offered to double what reading was paying Leroy, but he's only interested in playing in the Premiership, Reading is just a steppin stone for him.

No we never. We offered to double his current wage. I suspect Reading did the same and some...

That is true, but I think in Leroy's case the step up in standard and the possibility of premiership football was a big motivating factor, probably even more so than money.

Even when he was with us, Leroy hinted at his desire to get back to the premiership (where he may well belong in the long term) and best of luck to him in those aims; let's face it, he could have stayed with us for his whole career and we probably wouldn't have provided him with that sort of opportunity

What player does not want to play at the highest level......... the trouble seems to be that a lot of them think they are top draw but in reality they are not....... however they still expect over the odds as far as money is concerned? ...... fan that fire say the agents........ and we then have the situation that clubs like us are in at our level.....going nowhere paying good money to average players?

We could have held on to Lita for a season or two but that would have meant we would have needed to get promotion?

Not that I'm so bothered about it really.... no Lita .... I am bothered about not getting promoted..... but even that will bring its own set of problems.

Archived